GDT: G41: Caps @ Rags - 1pm-ish EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
1705265215053.gif

Lindgren stole the show today. And even in a loss he has snatched twabby's game puck, just as he snatched multiple pucks today.

Honorable mentions go to Dylan Strome, TJ Oshie, and Nick Jensen.

HandsomeTom43

May 2, 2018
As Shaquille O'Neal once eloquently put it "People pay good money to come watch these athletes play and thee refs try to take over the f*cking GAME!"

Seriously though, some positives from this game:

1)Chuckie
2)PK kept the NYR PP 0/5
3)Good chances just negative finish on them. Couldn't even hit the net 5 feet away, couldn't settle picks in front of the net. A little bit of patience on some of those attempts and we atleast steal a point.
4)Missed Ovi. Not a positive but he could have made a difference today.

Glaring negatives:
1)Kuznetsov and Edmundson. What does Kuzy have to do to just be scratched? Man Kuzy was one of the best players for the Rangers today. Hard to watch, especially at the end with his don't give a shit passes.

Reactions: WanderingCapsFan

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
Lindgren is our #1 now who should be an All-Star(.935 SV%, only 2 goals allow in the 1st period, as he played better than yesterday!). Oshie showed up for 2 games now, but where the hell is the rest of the team? I just don't understand why this team doesn't simplify and shoot more pucks and go for rebounds? So many other teams do it and score goals. What happened with Mantha/CMM line? Tom Wilson has disappeared for a bit now. The lack of goal scoring from this current roster is still puzzling.

Reactions: HandsomeTom43

um

Sep 4, 2008
toronto
Love the new first line and I don’t mind Dowd at 3C. We can scratch Kuzy no problem now.

stephenball

Jan 7, 2018
I think it’s time to break up the Protas/CMM/Mantha line, they’ve stagnated recently and can use a shakeup. Oshie has been great these games, but when TJ Oshie looks like one of your fastest and most dynamic players at this point in his career that’s really saying something about your team.

Obviously Lindgren is the teams true number one, I don’t think anyone is going to argue that, but this is also why I just kind of shrug when Kuemper has bad games. Too often even if our goalie stood on their head and made miraculous saves all game we’d still end up losing 2-1.

Also Lapierre isn’t quite ready for full time work in the NHL and can use more time to progress, but even with that he would still be a large upgrade to Kuznetsov each night. Can we please just say goodbye to Kuznetsov.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad