GDT: G4: Wild Home Opener vs Pit 7:30pm CT/3:30am Finland(FSN)

Status
Not open for further replies.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Contact with an opposing player only overrides goalie contact if the defending player "pushed, shoved or fouled the attacking player into the goalkeeper"

How do you keep touting your knowledge of the rule when you clearly don't understand the rule?

The only way that's not goaltender interference is if Guentzel pushed, shoved or fouled Hartman into Murray. Guentzel did not do that, therefore it's goaltender interference.

That section of the rule doesn't mean that if the attacking player comes into any kind of contact with a defender at any point before coming into contact with the goalkeeper, there's no goaltender interference.

I don't know what else to say to you. It's goaltender interference clear as day.
Guentzel doesn't check Hartman as he's shooting the puck?WTF are you talking about?

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Guentzel doesn't check Hartman as he's shooting the puck?WTF are you talking about?

Correct, go watch the play.

Seriously, post a clip so I know you've actually seen it.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Come on man.. I hate that argument. Would you rather be us or Edmonton right now? They have the best player in the game. THAT'S something to build around. Not to mention they are 5 - 0 so far this season. They sucked for years, we have been average for years..seems equal to me
I'd rather not risk being cellar dwellers for a decade. We don't need to either since we have top talent coming soon.

Reactions: Mookie Blaylock

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
We've been average / below average for a decade....what's the difference
I've enjoyed a road trip to St.Louis to see us win against them in the playoffs during that time. I've enjoyed watching them win another series vs the Avs in that time. I have a lot of fond memories of good Wild hockey in that time.

I don't want to see what Edmonton fans were doing during home games for that same decade instead. Getting so angry at their team, that their fans are throwing away jerseys on the ice etc..

Reactions: Helvinutt

Mookie Blaylock

The in between is mine
Apr 16, 2014
Porch
Schedule coming up away Ottawa/Toronto/Montreal come home to Montreal/Edmonton/Nashville.

I thought Bruce would be safe through the year but outside of Ottawa which game will they be favored to win.

Grover

Jul 8, 2012
Minnesota
I've enjoyed a road trip to St.Louis to see us win against them in the playoffs during that time. I've enjoyed watching them win another series vs the Avs in that time. I have a lot of fond memories of good Wild hockey in that time.

I don't want to see what Edmonton fans were doing during home games for that same decade instead. Getting so angry at their team, that their fans are throwing away jerseys on the ice etc..

You sound like a typical Minnesota sports fan.. "as long as we get to the playoffs"...."That's good enough for me". Cut this shit man. Enough with the first round exists. Enough with average. If we're gonna suck let's embrace the suck and actually hope for a top 3 pick

Reactions: NHLPodium

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
You sound like a typical Minnesota sports fan.. "as long as we get to the playoffs"...."That's good enough for me". Cut this **** man. Enough with the first round exists. Enough with average. If we're gonna suck let's embrace the suck and actually hope for a top 3 pick
When did I say that? You can't win the cup if you don't make the playoffs though. Losing also has a habit of infecting team culture. It's not easy to turn a habitual loser into a winner. It's a habit best avoided.

Grover

Jul 8, 2012
Minnesota
When did I say that? You can't win the cup if you don't make the playoffs though. Losing also has a habit of infecting team culture. It's not easy to turn a habitual loser into a winner. It's a habit best avoided.

But your mentality goes hand in hand with our owners mentality. Our owner wants to be competitive every year.. That gets people in the seats..that makes people think even though we failed this year, next year can be different. Enough of that. At some point a team has to suck.. and I mean suck. Exclude Vegas because they were gifted with the new age expansion.

But we have to get out of this mentality....this we're a year away..or we're a trade away.. we need draft picks! and we need prospects! we need a rebuild

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
But your mentality goes hand in hand with our owners mentality. Our owner wants to be competitive every year.. That gets people in the seats..that makes people think even though we failed this year, next year can be different. Enough of that. At some point a team has to suck.. and I mean suck. Exclude Vegas because they were gifted with the new age expansion.

But we have to get out of this mentality....this we're a year away..or we're a trade away.. we need draft picks! and we need prospects! we need a rebuild
We suck this year...take advantage of that, get a top talent, no need to continue sucking for multiple years.

You say we need prospects... we have some EXCELLENT prospects already, get a top one next summer and we're good to go.

Suck for years and Kap will take his show on the road before you even get a chance to get anywhere with him.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
We suck this year...take advantage of that, get a top talent, no need to continue sucking for multiple years.

You say we need prospects... we have some EXCELLENT prospects already, get a top one next summer and we're good to go.

Suck for years and Kap will take his show on the road before you even get a chance to get anywhere with him.
Look at that, we have mods again. Congrats TaLoN and @Bazeek.

Reactions: TaLoN
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->