GDT: G39 - St. Louis @ Minnesota - 7pm CDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jesus comma Brodin

Effing Norris-Byng Brodin
Feb 22, 2013
Minnesota
As a former tender, this is the stuff of nightmares and also what lead Patrick Roy to demand a trade from Montreal. That isn’t gonna happen here but awfully shitty of Dean

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta
As a former tender, this is the stuff of nightmares and also what lead Patrick Roy to demand a trade from Montreal. That isn’t gonna happen here but awfully shitty of Dean

I don’t know, I feel like Kahkonen hasn’t gotten enough game time (Evason’s fault), that it was kind of necessary to keep him in this one. Then the back-to-back just kind of cements that.

(and his next contract can’t be like Demko’s...)

Winland

Mar 5, 2016
Well, let Kaapo play the next game to let him prove himself again. Just like Hawks are doing with Lankinen. If you bench him next game, he'll continue to process this shit and it'll affect his confidence.

Jesus comma Brodin

Effing Norris-Byng Brodin
Feb 22, 2013
Minnesota
I don’t know, I feel like Kahkonen hasn’t gotten enough game time (Evason’s fault), that it was kind of necessary to keep him in this one. Then the back-to-back just kind of cements that.

(and his next contract can’t be like Demko’s...)

Game time is important, sure. But I don’t give a damn how much or little a goalie has played, if a team is playing like that in front of him and he’s clearly fighting everything, then you’re doing the team and the rookie tender a disservice. If he doesn’t play again for a week, that’s mentally a tall task for a kid. Lack of time or not, Dean f***ed this situation terribly.

larueskee

Player/Member USA Hockey or affilates 1972-2006
Mar 15, 2017
Seattle, WA
Evason really needs to crack the whip on his first two defensive pairs. At one point in the game Dumba and Brodin had 3 shifts and over 4 minutes of ice time. They were already at minus 2 and had chances to get their butts off the ice. This extending shifts by the first two pairs needs to end right now. Can't believe the coaches haven't addressed it.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Evason really needs to crack the whip on his first two defensive pairs. At one point in the game Dumba and Brodin had 3 shifts and over 4 minutes of ice time. They were already at minus 2 and had chances to get their butts off the ice. This extending shifts by the first two pairs needs to end right now. Can't believe the coaches haven't addressed it.

Brodin and Dumba haven't had issues with that at any point in their careers. and if you're noting that it's happening more often this season, outside of the occasional flukey shift or two, it's probably a coaching directive, not a conscious effort by the players themselves.

Reactions: Jesus comma Brodin
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad