GDT: G35 - MIN @ VGK - 9:30PM Central - WTF, again?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Well, there the turnover by Fiala that Russo is going to be able to talk about in his gamer

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
He makes weird choices on the pp.

He's never been great in that spot, so I have no idea why they keep trying to force it

Well I mean, probably because of the contract and the letter

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I don't even think he was tried at that spot much before this season.

I remember him being in that spot for the second unit, but I could be wrong

I have very vivid memories of him not being able to keep the zone for his life on the PP

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Stop making excuses for them, Walz. Tired or not, this passing up prime scoring chances to try and make a pretty play is damn old.

Reactions: MK9

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison

I have very vivid memories of him not being able to keep the zone for his life on the PP
It's been a problem for him since his first call-ups. Great defenseman, but holding the line on a powerplay has always been his kryptonite.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta

I mean, they probably did. I just remember him doing the 'sneaking backdoor' thing when Koivu and Parise would play catch on the other side.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I mean, they probably did. I just remember him doing the 'sneaking backdoor' thing when Koivu and Parise would play catch on the other side.

Yeah there was that era too, that was before he started getting point duty. Bazeek knows.

It's been a problem for him since his first call-ups. Great defenseman, but holding the line on a powerplay has always been his kryptonite.

melinko

Jun 13, 2010
Minnesota
Our terrible PP is probably the primary reason Spurgeon's production is down this year. Guess he wasn't the one that made it tick.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Our terrible PP is probably the primary reason Spurgeon's production is down this year. Guess he wasn't the one that made it tick.

He has never been the one who makes the PP tick and I have no idea who would think he was

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
If that was Fiala that made that turnover, Russo would have written an entire article about just that play

MK9

Feb 28, 2008
Andover, MN
Stop making excuses for them, Walz. Tired or not, this passing up prime scoring chances to try and make a pretty play is damn old.

Annoying for sure, but still far less homerism than Greenlay. But, yeah as he said it, I was thinking similar to what you said.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Takes a special kind of stupid to put the 4th line out for the last minute of a period

MK9

Feb 28, 2008
Andover, MN

Annoying for sure, but still far less homerism than Greenlay. But, yeah as he said it, I was thinking similar to what you said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad