GDT: G34 - MIN @ SJS - 9:30PM Central - Oh good, this again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
I wonder if there's someone whose job it is to ask the coach questions in, say, a post game interview, or something, that could ask the coach about Dumba's piss poor usage

Seems like a waste of time when you can be counting Fiala turnovers.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Which is interesting because he’s pretty easily our best offensive defenseman

At this point I'd wonder if there's a case for him to be our best overall defenseman, ever so slightly edging out Brodin. Suter and Spurgeon are just, not here this season.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
At this point I'd wonder if there's a case for him to be our best overall defenseman, ever so slightly edging out Brodin. Suter and Spurgeon are just, not here this season.
it’s close and they switch off but man Brodin is good too. Just hate the what could be 5-10 more years of a top pairing RHD is going to be lost for 7 more years of Spurgeon

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
it’s close and they switch off but man Brodin is good too. Just hate the what could be 5-10 more years of a top pairing RHD is going to be lost for 7 more years of Spurgeon

I just don't know how we managed to make the same mistake we made with Burns, a decade later with Dumba.

Reactions: GuerinUp and TaLoN

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta

Bright side for you: 6.5 years

Dumba will be Spurgeon's age in 5 years, so I'm not so sure about the "to 10" part of the "5-10".

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Bright side for you: 6.5 years

Dumba will be Spurgeon's age in 5 years, so I'm not so sure about the "to 10" part of the "5-10".
Not all defenseman decline at 31.I gave him a range of Spurgeon’s decline age to Suter’s (roughly).

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Not all defenseman decline at 31.I gave him a range of Spurgeon’s decline age to Suter’s (roughly).

I think if this is Spurgeon's decline, Guerin should be able to file a grievance to have the contract terminated, because one side is very much not living up to it just a year into it.

melinko

Jun 13, 2010
Minnesota
So what are the chances the bottom falls out and we miss the playoffs? We have looked dreadful for awhile now.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
So what are the chances the bottom falls out and we miss the playoffs? We have looked dreadful for awhile now.

I think we would have to stay this dreadful for the rest of the season, and Arizona, LA and San Jose would have to keep applying this pressure, but it's going to be pretty difficult when everyone just plays each other over and over again.

melinko

Jun 13, 2010
Minnesota
I think we would have to stay this dreadful for the rest of the season, and Arizona, LA and San Jose would have to keep applying this pressure, but it's going to be pretty difficult when everyone just plays each other over and over again.
Looking at the standings I think I agree. Some of the comments on the broadcast made it seem like SJ was closer than they actually are.

SJ is the only one behind us (ignoring STL) who could be a little scary because of tie-breakers but they are too far back and we have games in hand.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Rask is once again awful, after flirting with being decent earlier in the season. He could be a mediocre #4C next season, while taking up a roster spot from someone better, I guess?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad