GDT: G33 - MIN @ SJS - 9:30PM Central - Naptime's over

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uberdachen

Posts Last 5 Minutes
Sep 5, 2012
Pants.
When we’ve used Kaprizov, Fiala and Zucc in a shootout and haven’t yet won, can we just empty the machine gun on the stables? Sweet magillicuddy f***mybrain.

Dee Oh Cee

Aug 4, 2010
Eagan
Suppose I'm glad I went to bed after the 2nd...

Crazy how we used to be almost a certainty in the shootout and the last few years we've been terrible in them. Having that lineup of Parise/Koivu/Pominville was basically a guarantee until they dropped off the table towards the end.

Glad to see Fiala get a goal, I think he's been playing better lately? It's hard for me with him, there were still several times last night where I was like, what the hell are you doing or who are you passing that to? I really do think Johansson is playing better. Still done with Rask, Bjugstad for the most part and whomever they end up using from the taxi squad. I feel like it's ridiculous to keep putting out these Cramarossa and Johnson types...don't we have better options than that?

Mainly I think I've just grown so tired of the fighting. That first period (minus the scoring) did nothing to help me stay awake haha. Although that Ek play on the assist was so cool....I just kept saying to myself how did he do that? That was sick.

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
In the shootout their goalie fell victim to Zucc's filth, but I wasn't impressed by Kaprizov's attempt.

That being said, Zucc's line wasn't good last night. Much of it has to do with Rask, he's losing pucks in the o-zone because he's slow as a turtle. If they only had a better center...

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Suppose I'm glad I went to bed after the 2nd...

Still done with Rask, Bjugstad for the most part and whomever they end up using from the taxi squad. I feel like it's ridiculous to keep putting out these Cramarossa and Johnson types...don't we have better options than that?

That first period (minus the scoring) did nothing to help me stay awake haha. Although that Ek play on the assist was so cool....I just kept saying to myself how did he do that? That was sick.

I'm with you as far as Rask and Bjugstad, but at this point I think Guerin doesn't see this team going far in the post season, and is going to play out the string with what he has, and Rask and Bjugstad is what he has. I do think that Bjugstad has played a bit better recently, Rask a bit worse.

I think Cramarossa and Johnson are up because they can play physically a bit, and have some experience. I would rather see a player like Dewar, who has been playing reasonably well and has some skill, but maybe they don't think he has what it takes physically to play a NHL checking game. We have already seen Dumont, Iowa's leading scorer, and Mayhew, and they haven't been able to take their AHL game to the NHL. Maybe something to do with development, also. They don't want a young guy like Dewar to sit around on the taxi squad not playing games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad