Half-Assed GDT: G33 Blues vs Preds

Status
Not open for further replies.

yogintheaveragebears

May 23, 2015
Don't look know but the notoriously slow starter captain Backes is starting to come on. I mean its almost like he does this every year? But yet we have no problem criticizing him until he starts scoring. Tank has been money, we know this. I like the Winnipeg game stat that said he had something like 17 game winners and game tiers. MONEY! Upshall has been surprisingly pleasant to watch. I thought Ott was playing very well this year but I'm not so sure I wouldn't say Upshall completes that fourth line much better, just a little bit more skill and speed with him. Reaves has been playing much better! I read an article the other day about Jackman already matching his fighting majors from last year(it was a dispatch maybe JR?) and he said he doesn't have the benefit of "Revo" scaring people away this year...I believe him. Bo's been a monster. I want to laugh at everyone that wanted to trade him last year, here I go, HAHA! Its fun to watch the Fabs, lehtera, jaskin line go but that's about it. Fun to watch. There not producing and while there not producing we'd rather complain about a producing Brouwer. Not that I'm a fan boy but come on guys! I see Paryako using his size to his advantage more, I likely! Jake is impressing me so much this year and I started the year as an Elliot guy. Just hope were not emptying his gas tank, but again MONEY! Brodziak was a great pick up(second time ive posted that). Last but not least I honestly don't understand the Gunnarsson hate. Outisde of a few glaring mistakes he's looked very good to me recently. Him and Colton look like a fine 3rd pairing. I mean Petro scored on our own goalie against EDM and we forgave him. Oh, and I forgot, Steen is on the point on the powerplay specifically for the pass he made to deuces in Winnipeg.

Last edited:

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
You're not the only one. Weber was on his like flies on stink all night long. They clearly had 91 circled on every board and piece of paper in the room.

Has to be frustrating for the other team's coach when he preaches over and over again that you can't let 91 beat you. Then he does. :yo:

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
So I keep reading #roarbacon. Do we honestly consider that a comback? The Blues dictated the majority of that game. Rinne was standing on his head, it was approaching Lundqvist/Price frustration. The Blues kept plugging away and finally beat him.

Even though it took till the 3rd to score, I don't consider it a "comeback"

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
Am i the only one that thinks vlad only got 1 good scoring chance all game? weber had him shut down.

He is one of a small handful of guys that can be invisible almost the entire game and then burn you on his one and only chance. Kane is like that for Chicago and it drives me nuts. That had to be infuriating for Nashville. They clearly tailored their entire game plan around shutting him down. They executed perfectly and he still buries the game winner.

Bluesnatic27

Aug 5, 2011
He is one of a small handful of guys that can be invisible almost the entire game and then burn you on his one and only chance. Kane is like that for Chicago and it drives me nuts. That had to be infuriating for Nashville. They clearly tailored their entire game plan around shutting him down. They executed perfectly and he still buries the game winner.

And it's that kind of thing that makes Tarasenko a star in the league. He doesn't go away at any point offensively.

Borderbluesfan

Nov 14, 2011
Columbia, Missouri
Best thing about this game was that I got kept over at work for mandatory overtime. Using my phone was able to set the DVR to record the game, but not until late in the first. Got home, saw a Blues tweet with the final score that popped up in a small box. Tried to dismiss quickly without seeing the final score, but thought that I saw 2-1 final score with the Preds winning. Watched the game replayed on DVR and was happily surprised to find out that it was the Blues that won 2-1. Thinking that the Blues had lost, watching the game until the third period, I was impressed with how the Blues and Tarasenko ended up winning the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad