Rakell - Steel - Silfverberg
Comtois - Henrique - Kase
Deslauriers - Grant - Rowney

Mahura - Lindholm
Fowler - Gudbranson
Del Zotto - Holzer

Gibson

-------------------------

Two days ago it sounded like Sturm would play and now he's back down in Iowa (at least on paper). Not sure about Menell.

The bigger question is probably that 2nd line and whether or not they get caved in defensively. At least they've got last change tonight.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

StealthClobber

A Digital Frontier.
Feb 7, 2013
Minnetonka, MN
Can anyone explain to me why they're celebrating Koivu's 1000th game at this game, instead of the game against Dallas? Genuinely curious, I'm a bit out of the loop lately.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Can anyone explain to me why they're celebrating Koivu's 1000th game at this game, instead of the game against Dallas? Genuinely curious, I'm a bit out of the loop lately.
They typically celebrate the accomplishment after it happens, so Koivu had to actually play game #1000 before they lined up all the festivities.

Seems kind of cautious, but the fact that he was injured like two games later probably underscores why they do it that way.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
They typically celebrate the accomplishment after it happens, so Koivu had to actually play game #1000 before they lined up all the festivities.

Seems kind of cautious, but the fact that he was injured like two games later probably underscores why they do it that way.
Also the fact that it's not 1000 until after the faceoff. Can't celebrate something that hasn't yet happened.

Cautious or not.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison

giphy.gif

Last edited:

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Ducks' fan here.. I was looking at Minnesota's splits and noticed you've played twice the amount of away games (20) than home games (10). Any reason for this beyond horrible schedule-making?

Edit - Nice.
I think it's likely that the schedulers forgot we existed until the day before the schedule was released and had to act quickly. Panic or revenge are really the only explanations.

alcolol

Aug 12, 2014
Dallas
I think it's likely that the schedulers forgot we existed until the day before the schedule was released and had to act quickly. Panic or revenge are really the only explanations.
Not that I'm one to tell a moderator what to say in his/her own section, but what I believe you meant to say was "Nice"

PS - Thanks for the explanation.

Reactions: Bazeek

Ginger Papa

Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
Hey folks, Canucks fan coming in peace and support as you take on one of our Division Rivals. I'm really happy to see how you guys got on a roll after stumbling out of the gate. Hopefully, you can get a new winning streak going tonight and are able to avoid any borderline dirty plays from some of the players of that ilk on the Ducks (yes, they definitely have a few on their crew this year -Deslauriers & Rowney in particular).

However, if it comes to that, I hope your team is able to respond in kind:
Destroy Ducks.gif

Good luck tonight and Best wishes for the rest of the way. Very excited to see Kaprizov in a Wild Jersey next Season.

Cheers from British Columbia

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
What route is that?
I've tried to piece it together a little bit. Really haven't been able to find anything beyond what eliteprospects has. That lists him as playing in Omaha as a 15 year old, moving to Chicago at 16, and then the WHL at 17. Just doesn't make much sense for a kid that lives in the metro area.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I've tried to piece it together a little bit. Really haven't been able to find anything beyond what eliteprospects has. That lists him as playing in Omaha as a 15 year old, moving to Chicago at 16, and then the WHL at 17. Just doesn't make much sense for a kid that lives in the metro area.

Well he went undrafted for a few years, has probably always been undersized and an underdog. Maybe it was a case of him just going where someone would let him play?

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Well he went undrafted for a few years, has probably always been undersized and an underdog. Maybe it was a case of him just going where someone would let him play?
All of the "weird" stuff happened long before the draft was ever a consideration. Makes no sense for a Minnesota kid to leave the state to play hockey at the age of 15.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->