GDT: G3: Wild @ Jets 7pmCT/3am Finland (FSN)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
The X is closed for renovations for the next year (or more) - Cause: Fenton was here
The guys Fenton brought in don't strike me as the problem, and Rask/Nino aside they don't strike me as much worse than what he shipped out. You undo all of the Granlund/Coyle/Nino trades and this team is in more or less the same place, but older and more expensive.

Reactions: 2Pair

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Also, Hartman's a baller and Hunt delights me more than he probably should.

Also also, I've wasted about $25 worth of scotch on this team tonight.

BlackBusa24

Dec 13, 2018
The guys Fenton brought in don't strike me as the problem, and Rask/Nino aside they don't strike me as much worse than what he shipped out. You undo all of the Granlund/Coyle/Nino trades and this team is in more or less the same place, but older and more expensive.

The only one of the three that I think was positive was the donato trade the rest were net negatives in my opinion.

Granny wasnt a lot of things but he was a play driver. can't really drive plays when you're turning it over all the time ie fiala

Jesus comma Brodin

Effing Norris-Byng Brodin
Feb 22, 2013
Minnesota

Granlund was literally our best player and the guy we got for Coyle should be in the AHL.

I am not saying we're a playoff team with the old guard but we're better than this.

BlackBusa24

Dec 13, 2018
Also, Hartman's a baller and Hunt delights me more than he probably should.

Also also, I've wasted about $25 worth of scotch on this team tonight.

Dude hunt is worth it just for his intermission interviews alone. Guy looks like he's snorting a huge line of coke before every interview

Reactions: Bazeek

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
We won the only battle that counts though
b8LVcRF.png

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Granlund was literally our best player and the guy we got for Coyle should be in the AHL.

I am not saying we're a playoff team with the old guard but we're better than this.
Donato hasn't been great so far this year, but he's been better than, say, Parise. Mostly he's weak along the boards, which is where this team spends about 40 minutes a game, so it stands out.

Right or wrong, Good Granlund is going to cost $7m+ and Bad Granlund is going to be more like $6m. Either way he isn't the guy that's going to turn this team into a winner. Fiala, while raw and frustrating, is cheap and has some tread on the tires. It's exactly the sort of gamble that most on here were clamoring for right up until the trade happened and reality set in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad