GDT: G3: Wild @ Jets 7pmCT/3am Finland (FSN)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Disagree that moving on from Granlund was healthy. He was our best forward, and would have been the perfect complimentary piece next to Kaprizov when he comes over, someone who would give him his best chance to put up great numbers.

Long term, Granlund at $7m should not be the most expensive. Koivu signed for $7m a decade ago, that used to be a number to fear as it was such a high percentage of the cap, but inflation has been very rampant since the cap has gone up. I'd have been happier with Granlund at $7 than the much older Zucc for $6.
I meant highest-paid on the current roster, and it was assuming that he'd come in north of Parise's $7.5. That involves a few more assumptions about the timing of the extension and his performance up to that point, which does get complicated. It's possible that he would've signed a reasonable extension this summer, for example. It's also possible he wouldn't want to sign after a down year, and looking at Spurgeon's deal makes me think that would've ended with him at an uncomfortable cap hit.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
I meant highest-paid on the current roster, and it was assuming that he'd come in north of Parise's $7.5. That involves a few more assumptions about the timing of the extension and his performance up to that point, which does get complicated. It's possible that he would've signed a reasonable extension this summer, for example. It's also possible he wouldn't want to sign after a down year, and looking at Spurgeon's deal makes me think that would've ended with him at an uncomfortable cap hit.
Also, of all the age group that Fenton traded, it should have been Zucker out the door first and foremost, last summer. That already would make Granlund's extra $1m or so easy to handle.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Also, of all the age group that Fenton traded, it should have been Zucker out the door first and foremost, last summer. That already would make Granlund's extra $1m or so easy to handle.
Agreed on Zucker. I have no complaints about his play relative to his contract, but he seemed like the obvious guy to start with that summer. Who knows how things would have unfolded from there?

This also ignoring the option of just firing Parise into the sun, which is about what I'd like to do right now.

Wabit

May 23, 2016

My thoughts thoughts for the trade order of the 2010 draft class were:
1. Zucker (as a RFA)
2. Granny. I want nothing to do with his next contract.
3. Coyle. Not a fan of him, but he was on a cheap contract, could play center, and a RHS. All of these are/were team needs.
4. Nino. I liked his contract the most. Was having an off year up to the point he was traded, very low value in him at the time.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
BB's running out of ideas. Changing lines constantly is just causing a disjointed product on the ice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad