GDT: G3: Wild at Ducks - 8pm CT (FSN)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
7 more games against Gibson, who has a save % over .940 against us, over/under for goals we score against him set at 7.5, go.

Reactions: IHaveNoCreativity

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
Discuss the team instead. To be nice...there's certainly room for improvements

molotce

Apr 14, 2017
Hey wild fans ! Its been said before but damn you guys need more skill/possession centers in that top 6... also i thought kaprizov was looking to pass way too much on the pp, announcers said it a little after too so i think the coaching staff will easily work in that. Him and fiala just had many prime spot to shoot but made that extra cross ice missed pass... Ghg!

IHaveNoCreativity

May 5, 2012
Somewhere in Quebec.
Regardless if BG wanted a culture change in the locker room, trading Staal for Johansson and going into the season with this group of “centers” is beyond idiotic.
He couldn’t move Suter, Parise deal fell through, those guys needed a wake up call. I don’t agree with the Staal deal or return, works that Johansson is playing on the wing, but it’s not like Staal wasn’t a depreciating asset.

IHaveNoCreativity

May 5, 2012
Somewhere in Quebec.
It’s been 3 games, 1 loss, probably should have won all 3 before OT. Gibson was excellent tonight, but yea we’ve got some issues.

I think some of you need to calm down, but yea it’s clear we need 2 centers on the top lines, it’s painfully obvious.

however:
Fiala and Kaprizov look great, on and off the puck, the D is excellent and Talbot has sparkled.

Evason looks to have a great handle on the game and looks like a players coach, he’s going with guys who perform and he looks like he’s fair. The common criticism with Boudreau was that he could not coach period. (Don’t ask me to elaborate, except that some people felt we were out coached nightly, worse in big games)

Rask is actually doing pretty well, the 3rd and 4th lines have been great. I really like Greenway so far. We have a lot of 3rd and 4th line centers, like 4... Bjugstad has been ok, minus his dumb penalty but to be fair goalie should be fair game behind the crease like that and there’s more than a fair share who will make that play don’t kid yourselves.

There’s a glut of centers but it’s bottom 6 guys, going to be tough to do anything but right now Sturm should have the edge. Bonnino, EK and Bjugstad are pretty close in play rn, I think EK has been less visible both good and bad.

Rossi is needed badly but forsure there’s work to be zone.

Years of being middle of the pack and Fenton is catching up to us. I like that Guerin is trying and will take action, there’s like 3 visions of 3 GMs over 3 years that are still on the team and patched together. It’s a mess and it’s going to look like one for a bit guys, you can’t expect an overnight fix.

the reality is Fenton did 5 years worth of damage in his short tenure, that’s a league wide sentiment. You can see it’s mashed together, can’t expect it to be fixed overnight.

sometimes the picture isn’t even partly visible until all the pieces are in place.

Mickey the mouse

Jun 30, 2013
Wild have looked good but look at who they have played. 2 bottom 5 teams last year that didn’t make expanded playoffs and haven’t played a game in 10 months let alone a 3 week summer training camp.

Let’s see how they look vs Vegas, St Louis and Colorado to get a better idea of what they are.

Dee Oh Cee

Aug 4, 2010
Eagan
Should have been a win, poor execution and poor power play. You just would have hoped they got a random PP goal in one of these games so it didn't start the questions and the 0- mentality they have to deal with. I swear this PP drought happened a few years ago too? Vanek finally broke it somewhere I think...

There were a lot of guys who played pretty well overall...Sturm had an outstanding game. Soucy didn't have his best. Well, either way I'm guessing this did wonders for our xG #'s :)

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
Talk about hockey, don't attack other posters. It's not that difficult.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
Wild have looked good but look at who they have played. 2 bottom 5 teams last year that didn’t make expanded playoffs and haven’t played a game in 10 months let alone a 3 week summer training camp.

Let’s see how they look vs Vegas, St Louis and Colorado to get a better idea of what they are.
Every other iteration of the Wild have played up/down to their opponents. No reason to believe this iteration will be any different.

chchelseII

Sep 24, 2014
I’m not as big a detractor of Parise as most you guys, but I don’t like his net-front presence on the PP. Would rather see someone like JEE or Foligno creating traffic and disrupting the goalie. The goalies are having clear looks at the shots, making the saves easy. Run something like Toronto does, with Simmons creating havoc in front of the net.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad