Connolly - Trocheck - Malgin
Vatrano - Boyle - Hoffman
Toninato - Acciari - Sceviour

Yandle - Ekblad
Weegar - Stralman
Matheson - Pysyk

Bobrovsky

---------------------

Hoping to see Donato stay in over Rask for now, but we'll see. I'd also like to see Kahkonen start one of these games, but with Stalock getting wins and no back-to-backs before Dec14-15 that's probably not in the cards.

Florida doesn't exactly look like a pushover this year, but seems to be much more potent offensively than defensively. If the Wild play like they have for the last week or two I like their chances.

Last edited:

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Donato had a bad game last game, taking two needless penalties, one of which cost a GA. I think Rask, a natural C, is a better fit between Hartman and Foligno.

I've actually not minded Rask's play lately. Not great, but doesn't screw up.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Donato had a bad game last game, taking two needless penalties, one of which cost a GA. I think Rask, a natural C, is a better fit between Hartman and Foligno.

I've actually not minded Rask's play lately. Not great, but doesn't screw up.

I think Rask's the better fit at center, but it bugs me to see Donato scratched. I didn't actually see the first penalty he took, but I don't remember the second one looking like much. Either way, a scratch after one game at a position he isn't used to is gross.

It's more of a roster issue than a coaching issue, though. If Greenway-Ek-Kunin is being used as a shutdown line and Donato-Rask-Hartman were holding their own defensively while potting a few goals... it doesn't throw much cold water on my urge to see Foligno traded. He's been good in his role, but it seems like a role that Greenway's doing fine at.

Reactions: DemidovSaveUs

Dee Oh Cee

Aug 4, 2010
Eagan
Donato is way more important to the team's future than Rask. It's just one of those situations where you need to find a place in the lineup for him, trade him, or trade someone else to find a space for him. Just a complete waste of time to have him rotate on the fourth line with bleeping Rask.

There are very few others on the team who can score goals like he did in New York and against Ottawa.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Donato is way more important to the team's future than Rask. It's just one of those situations where you need to find a place in the lineup for him, trade him, or trade someone else to find a space for him. Just a complete waste of time to have him rotate on the fourth line with bleeping Rask.

There are very few others on the team who can score goals like he did in New York and against Ottawa.
In a vacuum I'd rather see Donato playing than Rask but I find it hard to fault Rask either. There's been nothing about his play lately that merits scratching, and he is an actual center. And I can say similar things about Hartman and Foligno.

It's kind of a stupid complaint, but the team lacks a good 13th forward.

Reactions: Dee Oh Cee

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
In a vacuum I'd rather see Donato playing than Rask but I find it hard to fault Rask either. There's been nothing about his play lately that merits scratching, and he is an actual center. And I can say similar things about Hartman and Foligno.

It's kind of a stupid complaint, but the team lacks a good 13th forward.
The problem comes down to simply not having a good spot to play Donato.

He should've been sent to Iowa while he could've been, now we're either going to have to trade him, or trade someone else to make room for him.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
1st I'm going to ask a purely offensive player to play a dump and grind style of game.

Then I'm going to shit all over him for not being any good at that style of game. I'm also going to cut his icetime to about 2 shifts a period.

Then, once he finds a way to actually be effective in that role, I'm going to switch him to a position that he can't actually play. And once he fails at that, I will scratch him again and start the whole process over again.

Reactions: AKL and Dee Oh Cee

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
I don't know if you can fix what's wrong with Donato. He's weak, and loses puck battles.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
1st I'm going to ask a purely offensive player to play a dump and grind style of game.

Then I'm going to **** all over him for not being any good at that style of game. I'm also going to cut his icetime to about 2 shifts a period.

Then, once he finds a way to actually be effective in that role, I'm going to switch him to a position that he can't actually play. And once he fails at that, I will scratch him again and start the whole process over again.

What’s for lunch today Bruce?

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
I don't know if you can fix what's wrong with Donato. He's weak, and loses puck battles.
Why spend time worrying about what players can't do? Take Donato's skill set and find a place in the lineup where you can benefit from it.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
What’s for lunch today Bruce?
411eef4f039fd804fc0666ea9d982e9de8a4de7948e313d1d9f38dfc65eaa7ce_1.gif

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Why spend time worrying about what players can't do? Take Donato's skill set and find a place in the lineup where you can benefit from it.

I always thought this was what a coach was supposed to do

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Weak at 19 or 20 is one thing. Weak when you are almost 24 yo is another. Donato isn't small, and I'm sure he had plenty of access to weight rooms in college. Some guys just aren't that strong, or strong on their skates. A little guy like Zuccarello isn't going to be bullying anyone, but he has a combination of strength, balance, and IQ that allows him to survive in the NHL just fine. I don't see that in Donato. I also don't see speed.

Maybe he's a really late bloomer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->