GDT: G25 - ARI @ MIN - 7PM Central - 7.9% Baybeeee

Status
Not open for further replies.

MK9

Feb 28, 2008
Andover, MN
I know it's been years, so maybe I'm only remembering the last year or two Gaborik was here. But, even in his prime, I don't remember him being close to as much fun to watch as Kaprizov.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
I know it's been years, so maybe I'm only remembering the last year or two Gaborik was here. But, even in his prime, I don't remember him being close to as much fun to watch as Kaprizov.
Gabby was the most fun to watch when he got some space to fire up the jets. Even if he was well behind our own blueline, if he got clearance, that's when butts would quickly move to the edge of their seats. He could go from 0 to 60....jersey flapping. And he had a quick shot as well.

But Kap is a whole other beast. He has more tools in the box. Sexy tools.

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta
I'm pretty baffled right now as to what he's going to come in at. I can't imagine another bridge happening.

I’m not sure if I’d be very comfortable giving him a long-term deal at $6M honestly. I understand where Nashville fans were coming from with the inconsistencies in his game. I know he doesn’t have a top-end center to play with, but that’s not hindering Kap.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
I’m not sure if I’d be very comfortable giving him a long-term deal at $6M honestly. I understand where Nashville fans were coming from with the inconsistencies in his game. I know he doesn’t have a top-end center to play with, but that’s not hindering Kap.

And it didn't hinder him last year.

I'm wondering if medium term at reasonable money is the way to go. Get him to 28/29 years old where he can have another good contract if it's a good 4 years for him, but the average is in the high 4's or low 5's.

Reactions: keppel146

keppel146

Jun 4, 2010
MinneSOta
Agreed

Dickie Dunn

Jan 4, 2016
Minneapolis
Gabby was the most fun to watch when he got some space to fire up the jets. Even if he was well behind our own blueline, if he got clearance, that's when butts would quickly move to the edge of their seats. He could go from 0 to 60....jersey flapping. And he had a quick shot as well.

But Kap is a whole other beast. He has more tools in the box. Sexy tools.

Yup. Gaborik was a Ferrari but he could only do Ferrari things. Kap appears to have every style as you mention.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad