GDT: G25 - ARI @ MIN - 7PM Central - 7.9% Baybeeee

Status
Not open for further replies.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
with russo saying the wild are staying pat most likely at the deadline, i almost guarantee you boldy will be playing if we are in a playoff picture.

I think this is far from a guarantee

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
I think the idea is to have someone be able to run the line on each. 1.kap 2.fiala 3.johansson

Zuccarello is the boss on his line.

For the love of God Eavson bench Rask, that chemistry has died and you milked it already.

More nonsense. With Rask's production lately you don't bench him, and I believe he's Zucc's preferred guy in the middle.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I wonder if they buy out Zuccarello in 2022 or 2023, or if they'll be able to find a trade partner.

Reactions: zellmatic

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
I wonder if they buy out Zuccarello in 2022 or 2023, or if they'll be able to find a trade partner.

Nice try...

Russo in his trade deadline article: "Zuccarello is irreplaceable in the Wild lineup".

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Nice try...

Russo in his trade deadline article: "Zuccarello is irreplaceable in the Wild lineup".

Yeah we'll see how irreplaceable he is in 2 years when he's the 5th best forward on the roster at best.

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
Zuccarello is the boss on his line.

More nonsense. With Rask's production lately you don't bench him, and I believe he's Zucc's preferred guy in the middle.

Is he though? Or are you just looking through Zuccarello tinted glasses?

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
I think this is far from a guarantee

I think its closer to a guarantee that Boldy will see SOME NHL action this season. The real question is will he play enough games to burn the first year of his ELC or will he just get a taste?

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I think its closer to a guarantee that Boldy will see SOME NHL action this season. The real question is will he play enough games to burn the first year of his ELC?

I think it's very possible, and I think he should see some games, but with all the quarantining, no practices, and the team in the playoff hunt, I wouldn't be surprised if they just waited until next season.

Frozen Four championship is April 10. Let's say BC makes it there, and Boldy hops on a plane to Minnesota on the 11th (very quick turnaround), finds a place to stay, has to quarantine for two weeks(?). There are 8 games left in the season. No practices, so when does he get on the ice with the team? Do you throw him into a VGK or STL game, which will surely have playoff implications, without having even skated with the team?

I'd say for sure he'll be one of the black aces if they allow something like that. I would say it's not a guarantee that he actually plays a game.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
I think it's very possible, and I think he should see some games, but with all the quarantining, no practices, and the team in the playoff hunt, I wouldn't be surprised if they just waited until next season.

Frozen Four championship is April 10. Let's say BC makes it there, and Boldy hops on a plane to Minnesota on the 11th (very quick turnaround), finds a place to stay, has to quarantine for two weeks(?). There are 8 games left in the season. No practices, so when does he get on the ice with the team? Do you throw him into a VGK or STL game, which will surely have playoff implications, without having even skated with the team?

I'd say for sure he'll be one of the black aces if they allow something like that. I would say it's not a guarantee that he actually plays a game.

This is the question. Will he need to quarantine for 2 weeks, or will he just need to test negative for a few days in a row? April 10th is a long ways from now, with the rates of vaccinations increasing daily, there is even a chance that he is vaccinated by April 10th, and if so would he need to quarantine at all?

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN

Why would he have to quarantine? He's already being tested daily, he's not traveling internationally to get here...

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Why would he have to quarantine? He's already being tested daily, he's not traveling internationally to get here...

If he doesn't then the likelihood goes up, but you still have to factor in lack of practicing, a rookie with no experience skating with these players, and a playoff hunt.

My whole point is it's not close to a guarantee, and I'm just listing out all of the reasons why. Some might be bigger factors than others.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
If he doesn't then the likelihood goes up, but you still have to factor in lack of practicing, a rookie with no experience skating with these players, and a playoff hunt.

My whole point is it's not close to a guarantee, and I'm just listing out all of the reasons why. Some might be bigger factors than others.
I think it's closer to a guarantee than it is that he doesn't play at all with the team until next season.

JMO

When someone says they guarantee it, that's just their opinion anyway. :dunno:

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I think it's closer to a guarantee than it is that he doesn't play at all with the team until next season.

JMO

A fine opinion to have, and I hope you're right.

Reactions: TaLoN

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
He's not in the NHL's testing protocal. All players entering have some sort of quarantine.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
I'm fully in the camp that Boldy can help now, and the Wild with Kaprizov/Fiala, the D and solid goaltending can compete and win in the West division playoffs. So they should play him, burning the ELC be damned.

That said, I suspect the Wild will sign him to a deal that starts next season, and he'll sign an AHL only deal and join Iowa.

physicaIgraffiti

Sponsor
Jul 31, 2012
I thought I'd heard somewhere Boldy can't play any games this season without burning a year of his ELC? I hope not because I really want him to get 6 games

StateofCelly

Jan 5, 2017
I'm fully in the camp that Boldy can help now, and the Wild with Kaprizov/Fiala, the D and solid goaltending can compete and win in the West division playoffs. So they should play him, burning the ELC be damned.

That said, I suspect the Wild will sign him to a deal that starts next season, and he'll sign an AHL only deal and join Iowa.

I agree that they might sign him to a deal for next season, but I highly doubt it will be an AHL only deal.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Sign him if he wants to sign. Get him into a game as soon as possible. Adjust the plan from there depending on what happens in that game.

Reactions: Mookie Blaylock
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad