GDT: G24 - MIN @ NYR - Not Terrible? - 6:00PM Central - FSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
I don’t like calling for anybody to get fired, but he really needs to learn and adapt. I had hope, considering it was only 2 days ago, but when I saw the starting 3, I just knew we weren’t going to see a 2nd shift.

Reactions: AJ Thelen

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
I don’t like calling for anybody to get fired, but he really needs to learn and adapt. I had hope, considering it was only 2 days ago, but when I saw the starting 3, I just knew we weren’t going to see a 2nd shift.
Ditto. I wouldn't want him fired over it, but at this point it's just pure comedy.

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003

Even if he does start with Fiala Greenway and Dumba...if we lose the draw like we did...i don't see a second shift either if Deangelo gets the same room. Suter made a mistake...but I don't have confidence Dumba wouldn't have made the same one.

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
Whatever the alternate outcome, there is zero chance it turns out worse.
If it's still a loss...who cares how it got there?
It does amuse me though...we have all these fans wanting the team to suck for the high draft pick...and pitching a fit when they lose.
You guys should WANT Boudreau making these decisions...

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
It does amuse me though...we have all these fans wanting the team to suck for the high draft pick...and pitching a fit when they lose.
Nah, different sets of fans. AKL and KSU are feeling just fine, I think.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta

Please don’t lump me in with the tankers.

They fact that you assume that losing was inevitable proves its own point.

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
Please don’t lump me in with the tankers.

They fact that you assume that losing was inevitable proves its own point.
I think losing was inevitable if the draw loss and zone entry were the same. That to me is possible with Dumba on D as the only D.
This team is not that good. We dont have speed to spare in ot so unless we want to run with maybe 5 guys all ot...there are going to be players out there fans don't want out there on these situations...that is what actually is inevitable.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
I think losing was inevitable if the draw loss and zone entry were the same. That to me is possible with Dumba on D as the only D.
This team is not that good. We dont have speed to spare in ot so unless we want to run with maybe 5 guys all ot...there are going to be players out there fans don't want out there on these situations...that is what actually is inevitable.

Who says the draw loss and zone entry are the same with different players on the ice?

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Not being good at 3x3 doesn't mean that you should concede the game before OT even starts

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
Who says the draw loss and zone entry are the same with different players on the ice?
I didn't. I'm just saying if it started that way with Dumba as the D...i would have expected the same outcome. But saying the loss is inevitable just because of the 3 who started is wrong also.

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
Two points against the Bruins and Rangers on the road isn't bad.

Should come out with a win tomorrow, but it also depends on how Kaapo plays. And hopefully Zuccarello is done with the emotional stuff, should go full speed in the next one.

Hartman should sit a game, tired of his stupid penalties. And dear lord...get OT fixed, this coach can't be for real.

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
So, just to be clear, those were the 3 players you would start OT with if it was your choice?

I have no idea who I'd start with. I personally don't think any trio is all that great. And for me a lot of trios don't have much in the way of inspiring confidence. With his comments...i see why he did it though.

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
Maybe don’t scold people that have opinions if you can’t come up with one of your own.
I don't need to know who I'd start with to know that saying starting who we did was guaranteed to end before a second shift is a stretch.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
I don't need to know who I'd start with to know that saying starting who we did was guaranteed to end before a second shift is a stretch.
I don't think the 2019-20 New York Ranger are such an unstoppable force that making it through one shift of 3-on-3 is a foregone conclusion. Even with the same guys starting they probably would've made it that far if Ek would've handled the coverage better.

The bigger problem is that Boudreau continues the approach 3-on-3 as though the focus should be on stopping the other team from scoring. That doesn't seem to work and you'd think that 3 years of failure would've snapped him out of it.

Reactions: zellmatic and 2Pair

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
congrats to donato for his sweet goal. fiala's still looking good. stupid penalty by Hartman that lead to the tying goal. that's all i got.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad