GDT: G22: Wild at AZ - 6pm (FSN)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Who: Minnesota Wild (13-7-1) at Arizona Coyotes (10-10-3)
Puck drop: 6:08 p.m. CT
Watch: FOX Sports North, FOX Sports App
Listen: KFAN FM 100.3, Wild Radio Network, Wild NHL App

Wild Warmup: Minnesota at Arizona

In terms of trends, the Wild has an interesting one going with Zuccarello. In 10 games since his return, Minnesota is 7-0-0 in games where the veteran winger finds the scoresheet. It's 0-2-1 when he doesn't.

Over his past three games, Foligno has three goals, three assists and is a plus-3. With 14 points in 19 games so far, he's just 11 points shy of his career high of 25 that he set last season in 59 games.

Lines:
Greenway/JEE/Foligno
Zucc/Rask/Kaprizov
Fiala/2 others (I miss Hartman)
Sturm/2 others

Brodin/Dumba
Suter/Spurgeon
Cole/ other

Talbot ?

Guessing Kemps in net for AZ.

A9jQkzzSj9U5WzdJElSByGcnl3VdYhVsCAdIryE28aA41gWPVnxtlHAR_mgHDsTnzBvEw_V8jrvl8YAIiTSwT6QAo9deVGSSxvslxZfe65Yd55BOoaOTj3m4GZgo3EOcL2jzJhRryWRbC-XUtLdR2-sY8913HPnhoSI

Lets Go Wild!

grN1g

Nov 11, 2009
Minnesota
Interested to see if they ride KK. He played very well and has had days of rest. Ride the hot glove.

Also get Hartman and Johansson back asap for Fiala.

grN1g

Nov 11, 2009
Minnesota
Lines I'd love to see in the near future

Johansson Ek Fiala
Greenway Hartman Foligno

Or swap Hartman for Ek. Or hell elevate Sturm.. he's earned it recently imo. Feels like these are the few last combos we could try to get 3 solid lines vs 2 and a make shift throw at the wall hope to stick 3rd line.

Or this might be kind of crazy but Kaprizovs game even though has always been wing screams center to me. He battles 200ft every shift and tends to usually not cheat. Would it be crazy to throw him in between Zuccarello and Fiala? Perhaps more so in transitions vs taking faceoffs?

Last edited:

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison

Johansson Ek Fiala
Greenway Hartman Foligno

Or swap Hartman for Ek. Or hell elevate Sturm.. he's earned it recently imo. Feels like these are the few last combos we could try to get 3 solid lines vs 2 and a make shift throw at the wall hope to stick 3rd line.

Or this might be kind of crazy but Kaprizovs game even though has always been wing screams center to me. He battles 200ft every shift and tends to usually not cheat. Would it be crazy to throw him in between Zuccarello and Fiala? Perhaps more so in transitions vs taking faceoffs?
I think Greenway - Ek - Foligno works too well to break up without a very good reason, and I don't think trying to play Ek on a skill line is a good reason at this point. He's turning into an excellent two-way center but I don't know that he'll ever be quick enough with the puck to compliment guys like Fiala or Kaprizov well. Greenway - Ek - Foligno isn't fancy but it's an absolute handful most games.

Hartman at center has been interesting. Not a player I'd described as "skilled," but he can make things happen quickly and has a nice shot. Very much an opportunist, but he's smart and skates well. I'm still not sure what the magic ingredient is that lets guys do well at center, but if Hartman has it it'd be a minor windfall. Especially when we have so many wingers that can do the bulk of the puck-handling.

Reactions: Dr Jan Itor

Tyler Durden

Sep 18, 2009
Any updates on if it will be Talbot, or Kahkonen tonight? In my opinion Kahkonen, deserves it even if its a back to back game.

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta

Johansson Ek Fiala
Greenway Hartman Foligno

Greenway - Ek - Foligno
Zucc - Rask - Kap
Johansson - Hartman - Fiala
Parise - Bonino - Sturm

I’ve thought Ek deserves the 1st line time with skilled wingers (Fiala), but there’s something about that GEEF line that just works. Foligno and Greenway both look like they can be scoring power forwards right now too, which is awesome. That line gets the toughest assignments, yet still finds a way to consistently produce offensively.

Kap-Zucc chemistry is dynamic and doesn’t seem to matter who centers them.

Hartman has shown some surprising offensive vision, which makes me think he could be successful with Fiala. Johansson hasn’t clicked with anyone yet, but he’s been good on the wing in the past.

4th line shouldn’t have any problems with other teams 4th line. Not sure why Bonino has struggled so much, but I feel like that’s still a very talented 4th line.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Any updates on if it will be Talbot, or Kahkonen tonight? In my opinion Kahkonen, deserves it even if its a back to back game.

Guessing Talbot since it's a back-to-back. He had a couple of rough (statswise) games in Vegas so don't want him to sit and stew for too long.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Guessing Talbot since it's a back-to-back. He had a couple of rough (statswise) games in Vegas so don't want him to sit and stew for too long.
Not to pile on Arizona, but last night they looked like a team that could provide a goalie with a nice confidence boost.

Reactions: Spurgeon

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Not to pile on Arizona, but last night they looked like a team that could provide a goalie with a nice confidence boost.

They looked like a team that was coming off of a few days off and couldn't find their legs. I expect them to be better tonight.

Reactions: Bazeek

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
Kap & Zucc could've had more points if Rask knew how to handle the puck and not miss the net when he shoots. He's wasted many perfect feeds from them.

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta
Kap & Zucc could've had more points if Rask knew how to handle the puck and not miss the net when he shoots. He's wasted many perfect feeds from them.

At least when he does shoot, he breaks his stick and the puck magically ends up in a perfect spot for Kap to score. That “assist” is pretty much the perfect example of his contribution to the line :laugh:

Can’t complain too much though. Although Rask could definitely be better, the line has been working well.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
At least when he does shoot, he breaks his stick and the puck magically ends up in a perfect spot for Kap to score. That “assist” is pretty much the perfect example of his contribution to the line :laugh:

Can’t complain too much though. Although Rask could definitely be better, the line has been working well.

This is where I am with Rask. The line is working. It could/should be better with an upgrade to Rask but I really don't want to pay the price it'll cost to get a rental or rental+1 upgrade the spot.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
I can see Sturm and Parise reeking havoc on the forecheck. Might be a good match.

Parise was on a line with Hartman and Foligno and was the weak point on the forecheck (and everything else). Nothing is working for Parise right now.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I can see Sturm and Parise reeking havoc on the forecheck. Might be a good match.
Parise can't get to the puck fast enough anymore to be a forechecker. That's become the problem with him. If he isn't scoring, he can't do much else. He's not a passer, not a skater, not a defensive player, not a physical force, doesn't cover a lot of ice. I've also noticed that he is getting worse and worse at receiving passes cleanly.

Hopefully it's just a slump.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I'd rather see Mayhew one more time myself, even though I'm not sure he has any more chances left. Evason can't be all that happy with a minor leaguer who coasts on the backcheck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad