GDT: G20 - MIN @ VGK - 9PM Central - The Golden Fleece

Status
Not open for further replies.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I take it we're not doing well tonight (based on the comments)?

We've been doing fine, Vegas is outplaying us, but not egregiously. It could probably be tied. Fleury has been really good. But instead of being given an additional PP, they gave Fiala a matching minor for getting his head slammed into the boards, and Vegas scored when they should have been killing a penalty. And Bonino is bad.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
I know we're not in the moral victory business, but if Vegas is supposed to be the cream of the division crop (and they are), I'm actually pretty encouraged by these two games.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
I know we're not in the moral victory business, but if Vegas is supposed to be the cream of the division crop (and they are), I'm actually pretty encouraged by these two games.
I would guess our lack of quality centers shows most in a match-up like this.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I'm not even convinced its quality centers. It's quality players.

But Kahkonen is gonna be getting the next start, no doubt in my mind.

Yeah, this. Chandler Stephenson is their top line center. It's not about centers.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Yeah, this. Chandler Stephenson is their top line center. It's not about centers.
Yeah, but they have better wingers, and quality centers tend to have an impact defensively as well as offensively. We have Ek and nobody.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Yeah, but they have better wingers, and quality centers tend to have an impact defensively as well as offensively. We have Ek and nobody.

Yeah, so, quality players

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Yeah, so, quality players
True. but our weakness is mostly at center, and that can really hurt us defensively against a team with strong offense in general.

The most key players in the D zone besides the goalie are the Defensemen and Centers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad