GDT: G19: Wild at Vegas - 9pm (FSN)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Say what?

Please, watch the video. Pacioretty takes a swipe that makes contact with Greenway's stick just below his hands at about 2/3 seconds in. Then when you watch the other angle starting at around 26 seconds, you can see Pacioretty doesn't poke the puck, Greenway just loses it.

I don't know how to make it more clear than that with video proof. You're just choosing to see what you want to see.

Reactions: Spurgeon

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Just generally not a fan of leaving your skates during 3v3. Seems like a very limited upside play.

And the Spurgeon pass opportunity to Kaprizov would very likely have been picked off by Stone. He was tracking up through the slot to meet Greenway up top.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Just generally not a fan of leaving your skates during 3v3. Seems like a very limited upside play.

And the Spurgeon pass opportunity to Kaprizov would very likely have been picked off by Stone. He was tracking up through the slot to meet Greenway up top.

Yes, even if Pacioretty poking the puck away from Greenway was something that actually happened (again, it's not), had Greenway not tried diving at Stone's feet, he could have at least prevented the 2v1. He had a couple steps on Pacioretty if he would have just kept skating.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Yes, even if Pacioretty poking the puck away from Greenway was something that actually happened (again, it's not), had Greenway not tried diving at Stone's feet, he could have at least prevented the 2v1. He had a couple steps on Pacioretty if he would have just kept skating.

Maybe he felt he needed to because Spurgeon wasn’t right there and it’s a fast game, but Spurgeon recovered in enough time. Oh well.

Like I said before, I’m not a fan of how it happened, but I’ll take a point out of that gong show. I think we held up very well.

P10p

May 15, 2012
Greenway could have made a better play on that puck. Not sure how you could say otherwise...

Dee Oh Cee

Aug 4, 2010
Eagan
Didn't think I was going to be able to stay up for the whole thing but ended up watching it all. Entertaining game. We certainly took advantage of those chances we had, would have been a nice bonus to hold on for the full two points. Fleury looked absolutely terrible for a bit there.

Vegas really turned on the jets with 10 minutes left. Wild are going to be playing so many games that they are going to run out of gas in some of these. I feel like they need to shuffle some of these players to get them some rest because none is coming in terms of off days.

Pretty ridiculous that they didn't get awarded a single PP. There didn't seem to be anything extremely egregious, but Foligno's stick was chopped out of his hands and that's called every time. We wouldn't have scored on the PP anyways ;)

I've been so impressed with how Eriksson Ek has been playing. I feel like his skating an puck possession are on a different level this year. Fiala is probably back to being a bit frustrated again, he has had some prime chances that he's missed.

I think I commented earlier in the game that every time Parise has the puck or when he has to make a decision he either takes a second too long to do it or makes the wrong call. He's negatively impacting the team in almost every facet right now. It would be one thing if he was adding goals on the PP but obviously that hasn't happened. What an embarrassing shift and decision at the end of the game. How does he not get off the ice when the puck goes to the other end? He's clearly thinking about getting the puck and scoring an EN goal...which sure if that happens we don't talk about it but it didn't. I know you don't have 20 players but it's also on the coach that he's even on the ice with <3 minutes left or whatever too. What the hell.

Oh well. Good game! Hockey is fun. This team continues to score ES goals at a crazy rate. Reverse Retro sweaters again tomorrow night :)

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I really don’t think Greenway should be on that 2nd 3v3 unit. Not sure why Evason doesn’t keep Zucc and Kap paired.
Well, he more or less won a game for us in OT earlier. The main thing is that his mistake is pointed out to him, and that he learns from it.

Is this the beginning of the end for Parise? I think we all thought he would make a good bottom sixer for a couple of years at the end of his contract, but he doesn't look so hot even there.

grN1g

Nov 11, 2009
Minnesota
I still have a sour taste of Parise taking an extra long shift on the game tying goal. He battles the puck out of our zone after like a 1 min shift then rather than taking the time to change he goes all out rush to behind their net only to be forced to come back and stay on gassed, defend again and then bang goal.

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
I still have a sour taste of Parise taking an extra long shift on the game tying goal. He battles the puck out of our zone after like a 1 min shift then rather than taking the time to change he goes all out rush to behind their net only to be forced to come back and stay on gassed, defend again and then bang goal.

I don’t like him being out there in that situation. His ability to bat pucks out of the air doesn’t make up for having the slowest feet on the team and no reach. He’s tough to watch in pretty much all situations right now and being carried by a pair of hot linemates

Uberdachen

Posts Last 5 Minutes
Sep 5, 2012
Pants.
I honestly think its fireable that evason even put him in that position.... this guy clearly doesnt know what hes doing....

tumblr_n6ptly2LdS1skg82io3_r1_250.gifv

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
What the heck was Greenway doing out there in OT? His speed couldn't beat a turtle. This coach :facepalm:

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
I'm convinced that people who think greenway is that slow don't watch the games.
A lot of people have trouble with that. Tall guys always look slow, and short guys look fast. Greenway might be the 2nd fastest forward on the roster.

Reactions: HotDish
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad