GDT: G19: Wild at Vegas - 9pm (FSN)

Status
Not open for further replies.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Greenway has to realize that he doesn't have to hold the Blue line in 3 v3- just maintaining possesion is the idea. He could've passed it back to Spurgeon, and they could've reset, gone for a change, etc..

I'm pissed at Parise. He didn't get off the ice, and didn't have the legs to jump on that loose puck when he had the chance to clear it. That's a mental mistake that a vet should not make.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Greenway has to realize that he doesn't have to hold the Blue line in 3 v3- just maintaining possesion is the idea. He could've passed it back to Spurgeon, and they could've reset, gone for a change, etc..

I'm pissed at Parise. He didn't get off the ice, and didn't have the legs to jump on that loose puck when he had the chance to clear it. That's a mental mistake that a vet should not make.
How do you put any of that on Greenway? Kaprizov turned it over and Spurgeon was lost 100 feet away for no reason.

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta

I really don’t think Greenway should be on that 2nd 3v3 unit. Not sure why Evason doesn’t keep Zucc and Kap paired.

Reactions: WILDTATE10

SMTHook

Mar 23, 2015
Weak penalties against, none for. Faceoffs continue to plague the Wild. Gotta stop handcuffing Brodin and Dumba with a two goal lead. Keep attacking and jumping in. I hate the 150 foot game.

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta
How do you put any of that on Greenway? Kaprizov turned it over and Spurgeon was lost 100 feet away for no reason.

Spurgeon was about to change. Greenway won the 50/50 after Kap was pressured and had an opportunity to get rid of that puck, but he held onto it for too long.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Unless Spurgeon was 2 feet away it wouldn't have made much difference.

Not a fan of the dive, by him or Greenway though.

That's Spurgeon's go-to, you knew it was coming.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Unless Spurgeon was 2 feet away it wouldn't have made much difference.

Not a fan of the dive, by him or Greenway though.
If Spurgeon is where he should've been, it's a 2 on 2 at best and Vegas most likely cycles for a change.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Greenway had enough of it to do something better than simply lose it and then try to dive at it. I know you love Greenway and hate Spurgeon, but Greenway misplayed that.

Reactions: Spurgeon

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Btw, @Dr Jan Itor , since we're looking at replays, here's the Foligno "goaltender interference". There's nothing to call back.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
He did. He had position on both players and pulled the puck too far back on his forehand and lost it.
You are aware that this game was televised, correct? Kaprizov loses the puck to the slot. Stone reaches to grab the puck and Greenway poke checks the puck to the wall. As Greenway is reaching to grab the puck, Pacioretty pokes the puck to center ice.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
You are aware that this game was televised, correct? Kaprizov loses the puck to the slot. Stone reaches to grab the puck and Greenway poke checks the puck to the wall. As Greenway is reaching to grab the puck, Pacioretty pokes the puck to center ice.

Pacioretty doesn't poke it, Greenway loses it, and then instead of playing defense on Pacioretty, he dives after Stone to give them a 2 on 1

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta

I don’t know how you can watch that replay and think Greenway did nothing wrong.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Pacioretty doesn't poke it, Greenway loses it, and then instead of playing defense on Pacioretty, he dives after Stone to give them a 2 on 1
There's a video of the play :facepalm:
28 seconds into the video above

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
No one is trying to absolve Kaprizov or Spurgeon of any responsibility on the play, nor place 100% of it on Greenway. I have no idea why you're getting so defensive on Greenway's behalf.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
There's a video of the play :facepalm:

Yes, I posted it, I watched it, and you're the only one that sees what you see.

I don't know if this will help, but if you skip to :26 in the video, you can see Greenway loses it, Pacioretty doesn't poke it.

You can also see Greenway take himself out of the play by diving.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Yes, I posted it, I watched it, and you're the only one that sees what you see.

I don't know if this will help, but if you skip to :26 in the video, you can see Greenway loses it, Pacioretty doesn't poke it.

You can also see Greenway take himself out of the play by diving.
Say what?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad