GDT: G17: Kings at Wild - 7pm (FSN)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Who: Los Angeles Kings (9-6-3) at Minnesota Wild (10-6-0)
Puck drop: 7:08 p.m. CT
Watch: FOX Sports North, FOX Sports App
Listen: KFAN FM 100.3, Wild Radio Network, Wild NHL App

Wild Warmup: Minnesota vs. Los Angeles

Over its past three games, Minnesota has outscored its opponents by a combined score of 17-5.
Eleven different payers have scored goals for Minnesota during those three games.

The Wild must try and buck a long-time trend of teams struggling in their first game back at home from long road trips.

Despite playing in just five games, Zuccarello is already tied with Hartman for fourth on the club in scoring with nine points. Zuccarello has scored the Wild's first goal in three straight games.

Whether Kahkonen or Talbot starts on Friday, the other would figure to go on Saturday.

Lines:
Greenway/JEE/Fiala
Zucc/Rask/Kaprizov
Parise/Hartman/Foligno
Sturm + 2 guys they traded for in the offseason

Brodin/Dumba
Suter/Spurgeon
Cole/Soucy

Talbot (guessing)

home-sweet-home

Lets Go Wild!

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Not quite the Columbus vs Minnesota win-streak matchup from a few years back, but LA is on a 6 game win streak, we’re on a 4 game win streak. One has to end.

Reactions: DeagleJenkins

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
Sounds like Evason wasn't happy with the morning skate, called it sloppy and lazy, and warned players about the tendency to lose at home after a long and successful road trip.

And the Kings are playing well right now, with some great goaltending.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Is tonight the night we get to see Evason's though process when he has actual options at forward?

Nsjohnson

Hockey.
Jun 22, 2012
Miami
Oh thank god this isn't on the God awful LA ice.

Wild for some reason seem to have a bad match up against the Kings from my viewings, but then again, maybe it was just circumstances.

Either way, I'm calling Wild win 5-2.

Fiala x2
Dumba
Greener
Ek

Wabit

May 23, 2016
I don't have good vibes going into this game. I think they'll come out flat and be playing catchup all night.

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
I don't have good vibes going into this game. I think they'll come out flat and be playing catchup all night.

Well I hope they show up for Talbot, give him a win.

But the schedule this season is insane, they're going to play every 2nd day for the next four weeks, including six back to backs. They'll have two days off by the end of next month, that's it.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Let me see your lines, Parise on the 4th?
You can't touch the Rask line right now. I would consider swapping Hartman into the Greenway/Fiala line, but also don't have a problem with giving Ek a handful more games to try and get up to speed. Not much you can do with the bottom 6 until Johansson gets healthy. Hartman and Foligno seem to have some chemistry, and playing them on the same line allows you to use them as a PK pair.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
You can't touch the Rask line right now. I would consider swapping Hartman into the Greenway/Fiala line, but also don't have a problem with giving Ek a handful more games to try and get up to speed. Not much you can do with the bottom 6 until Johansson gets healthy. Hartman and Foligno seem to have some chemistry, and playing them on the same line allows you to use them as a PK pair.

MarJo getting healthy shouldn't mean anything. They should just put him though waivers and save the $1m in cap space.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Well I hope they show up for Talbot, give him a win.

But the schedule this season is insane, they're going to play every 2nd day for the next four weeks, including six back to backs. They'll have two days off by the end of next month, that's it.

Well that long layoff needs to be made up somehow. Lots of teams are in the same boat with a ton of games.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
I'm giving the LA feed a chance tonight. Walz just annoys me.

melinko

Jun 13, 2010
Minnesota
Ek has seemed slow to react ever since he came back. 2 times now he hasn't looked very crisp in front of the net.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->