GDT: G15: Wild at Sharks - 9:30 pm (FSN)

Status
Not open for further replies.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Hartman had the most TOI of any forward. Only two forwards had more than 16 minutes...the D pairs are also getting fairly equal time. I like that, keeps everyone involved.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Not when you remember Chris stewert had 6 goals in like 8 games and finished with 8 in 50... Hockey is nuts and shotting percentage is a hell of a drug.

Not to say Rask is gonna go out and score 30 goals, but if he plays with Kaprizov and Zuccarello for the rest of the season, 30 points (45 point pace) wouldn't surprise me.

Reactions: NickyFotiu

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta
I think Kaprizov is going to get a pretty fat deal regardless. I could see Fiala's being pretty reasonable though.

I think they’ll be within $1M AAV of each other. I’m hoping we get them both locked up for 6+ years though since a bridge deal would likely take either of them to UFA.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I think they’ll be within $1M AAV of each other. I’m hoping we get them both locked up for 6+ years though since a bridge deal would likely take either of them to UFA.

Maybe, but Fiala is going to get that figure on a longer term deal. Kaprizov is going to get it on a 2-3 year bridge. If Guerin wants Kaprizov long term, it may go up significantly.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Not when you remember Chris stewert had 6 goals in like 8 games and finished with 8 in 50... Hockey is nuts and shooting percentage is a hell of a drug.

I think Rask will pick up a bunch of assists once Kaprizov gets more selfish and starts shooting more. Rask will cool off for goal scoring, for sure.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Haven't shown anything to be considered rentals anymore. Getting closer to sunk cost everyday

Have you met this coaching staff (or maybe the GM is telling them who to play)? They can't run a PP setup, ran Hunt as a FWD for a couple of games, and only found working lines by accident.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
i didn't like brodin getting his pocket picked by burns. khakonen played terrific. i would never guess that a combo of kaprizov / rask / zuccarello would work. i still think hemi would be doing even better with a top center, too bad we don't have any of those. nice W.

Reactions: NickyFotiu

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
i didn't like brodin getting his pocket picked by burns. khakonen played terrific. i would never guess that a combo of kaprizov / rask / zuccarello would work. i still think hemi would be doing even better with a top center, too bad we don't have any of those. nice W.
Brodin never touched the puck, so you can't say he got his pocket picked. He got beaten by a supremely talented player with a long stick. It happens.
I thought the D in general were uncharacteristically poor, but were bailed out by Kahk and SJS forwards, who aren't VG.

Jesus comma Brodin

Effing Norris-Byng Brodin
Feb 22, 2013
Minnesota
Brodin never touched the puck, so you can't say he got his pocket picked. He got beaten by a supremely talented player with a long stick. It happens.
I thought the D in general were uncharacteristically poor, but were bailed out by Kahk and SJS forwards, who aren't VG.

Brods didn't touch the puck but he was flat-footed and should have done better there. Nowhere near getting his pocket-picked as you said. Still didn't play a bad game, but agree the D wasn't their best.

Khak good, again. This combo of tenders taking up only 5.4% of our cap space is pretty nice if they continue their play.

StateofCelly

Jan 5, 2017
Brods didn't touch the puck but he was flat-footed and should have done better there. Nowhere near getting his pocket-picked as you said. Still didn't play a bad game, but agree the D wasn't their best.

Khak good, again. This combo of tenders taking up only 5.4% of our cap space is pretty nice if they continue their play.

I would have to go back and watch the play and haven't had a chance, but been thinking about it here at work. I know Fiala lost a battle on the half wall and then the outlet pass hit Burns at the blue line.. was he that far out of the play and exiting the zone, or did the Sharks have possession for a bit and then feed it up. I feel like it was a bang-bang play but keep thinking about if that was the case, what was Burns doing so far up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad