Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
That was a nice goal
7FA832BD-BB40-4150-99C4-F5BAA04D0DCC.gif

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
Do you know why Fiala and his father, both has dual citizenship in Switzerland and The Czech Republic? According to Elitprospects, they haven't played in any Czech ice hockey leagues.

Kevin's parents are Czech, but they moved to Switzerland where he was born and raised. He moved to Sweden in 2012 to play at a higher level and he signed a contract in the SHL. A smart move, made his way to the NHL easier.

Reactions: fredrikstad

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Wasn't his best game, but at some point all this line juggling can't hide the fact that this team just doesn't have any Centers to play with him. There is only one JEE, who's game is about defense anyway, but Bjugstad, Johansson, and Rask are terrible. Bonino is the epitome of a mediocre #3C.

They do have to get something figured out on the PP, though. It looks poorly coached. I don't think that Guerin expects to win this year, but he has to be closely watching Evason to see if he wants to commit to him in the future. If i was him, I wouldn't be impressed with our PP. We can throw Fiala/KK/Spurgeon/Suter/Dumba out there at any given time...that's enough talent to at least be middle of the pack. He is shifting around players and assignments so much that they don't know what they are doing.

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
I thought Kaprizov was pretty invisible last night. Hope its a fluke.

Well he was out of top 6, played with Parise who's usually whining when he gets demoted. Instead Parise should conduct himself as a leader, then perhaps Kaprizov can learn from him.

Dickie Dunn

Jan 4, 2016
Minneapolis
I can't pretend to have taken comprehensive notes ( I didn't) but one thing that I *think* I noticed about Kaprizov's game last night was that he seemed to be skating into the traffic and not into open space. For instance I remember a power play where he helped get the puck into the zone, handed it off below the circle and then, instead of skating toward the open space for a give n' go he instead skated right into the muck in front of the net. If he is being told to do things like that, woof....not a fan. Again, small sample size but I found it really odd.

Reactions: Betelgeuse

GuerinUp

Aug 1, 2009
Columbia Heights, MN
I can't pretend to have taken comprehensive notes ( I didn't) but one thing that I *think* I noticed about Kaprizov's game last night was that he seemed to be skating into the traffic and not into open space. For instance I remember a power play where he helped get the puck into the zone, handed it off below the circle and then, instead of skating toward the open space for a give n' go he instead skated right into the muck in front of the net. If he is being told to do things like that, woof....not a fan. Again, small sample size but I found it really odd.

Thats where goal scorers go, high risk areas. This is a strength of his game and shouldnt be coached out of him. Defensemen give you space in low risk areas so you dont have high chance scoring opportunities.

Reactions: 57special
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad