Post-Game Talk: G13: Washington @ Pittsburgh... Valentine’s Day/Lucky 13/Sunday Funday Edition | 2/14 3:00p ET NBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roshi

Feb 7, 2013
Finland
This is annoying. I hate continuosly losing to Pens. I hate it. And i hate the incoming whine-fest in the boards too.

And we did not lose because goaltending. Vanny kept us in it for the third. Just overally lot of small things out of sync. Eller doing ’Doughty’ on a third period down a goal. Kuzy looking like a ’lazy-Malkin’. Bottom lines never scoring, and always losing their game. Faceoffs. Effort just isnt there. They better get it fixed soon, its a short season. It starts and ends doing the little things right.

Reactions: Pomee

Jarias2311

Feb 2, 2020
13 games in and it’s all a jumbled mess in the East. I guess with all the covid issues in the first few weeks for the caps you’d take where they are but they started losing once the big guys started to come back.

Melkor

Jul 22, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
I'm gonna say it as it is. Kuz is done as elite level player, I don't know what's going on in his personal life and that's quite honestly none of my business but he's a total waste of a hockey talent and cap space on this team. Ovechkin really hasn't done shit since the very first shift. Panik is an offensive black hole, bermuda triangle, whatever you want to call him. The guy touches the puck and your grandma and all her neighbors know you gonna see something foolish next. Vanecek is in over his head at this point, I don't know who they need to trade to get a legit goalie but they better find a way, this is getting frustrating.

aonb

Oct 26, 2013
This is annoying. I hate continuosly losing to Pens. I hate it. And i hate the incoming whine-fest in the boards too.

And we did not lose because goaltending. Vanny kept us in it for the third. Just overally lot of small things out of sync. Eller doing ’Doughty’ on a third period down a goal. Kuzy looking like a ’lazy-Malkin’. Bottom lines never scoring, and always losing their game. Faceoffs. Effort just isnt there. They better get it fixed soon, its a short season. It starts and ends doing the little things right.
kuznetsov looks exactly like he always does, not like a lazy malkin or something

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
I’m not sure we’ve ever even set up 6 on 5 in any of our losses. Our d-men are doing a horrible job keeping pucks in the zone. Who was it on the right who didn’t pinch, gave Aston-Reece all day?

Roshi

Feb 7, 2013
Finland
The coaching in the last 5 minutes left me scratching my head.

Me too. They were sort of gaining some offensive momentum, and then they take a compelte shift off with neverscore-thirdline. Didnt recover from that.

If they wanted to save the last breath of the top unit, why play JC and Dillon for whole third period.

Melkor

Jul 22, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
I’m not sure we’ve ever even set up 6 on 5 in any of our losses. Our d-men are doing a horrible job keeping pucks in the zone. Who was it on the right who didn’t pinch, gave Aston-Reece all day?
The D can't skate therefore got no leverage on backskating opposing forwards in the neutral zone and can't lock the o-zone properly. This team lacks basics.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto

I wish it was anyone else, but Carlson failed to get to ZAR at the blue line.

Pigskin

Sponsor
Jan 14, 2014
Brisbane, Australia
VV didn't play great, but we aren't exactly battle hardened as a team ... lots of disruptions and players have been missing all season long

think we ran out of steam toward the end which is understandable, lots of players underdone

D looks great on paper, and we have enough offense to win games if the D dominates ... they just aren't

no need to overreact, just sucks losing to the Pens who are average at best

Reactions: VaCaps Fan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad