GDT: G12: Wild at Kings - 9pm CT (FSN)

Status
Not open for further replies.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Foligno was a top-3 FWD according to the CF%, xGF%, FF%, etc. Parise (and MarJo, who was just awful) were the bottom-3 FWDs in most of those categories.
Because Foligno spent a lot of the night with Greenway and Ek. He was awful

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Quick was good. We actually had some chances, but he was either good, or lucky.

Dee Oh Cee

Aug 4, 2010
Eagan
A powerplay that includes Fiala, Kaprizov, Parise, Dumba, Suter and now Zuccarello has zero business being this bad. I'm not smart enough to know what they need to do differently but that's why they have the coaching. I simply cannot comprehend how it's so bad this year. It's beyond the point of any sort of bad luck or anything like that. Unless we really don't have a large enough sample yet...I guess they have still only played 13 games or whatever...

But yeah otherwise the good included Kaprizov, sometimes Ek, Greenway was strong on the boards. I'm still a little confused about Belpedio, it just feels like he should have been given a better chance the last couple years. Not sure why he wasn't given an opportunity as opposed to the revolving door of Pateryn, Hunt and Cole (now).

Parise, Bjugstad, Foligno, Johansson were all terrible. Oh, Kahkonen was pretty good actually too. That's all I've got.

Soldier13Fox

jävlar anamma (f'ing embrace, get with it)
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids
Good. I'd be interested in hearing if Belpido looked like an NHL player as well. It's an interesting conversation because of Dumba/Dumba trade value/expansion.

I thought Belpedio looked fine. 1st period maybe a little shaky, but the 1st period was overall terrible hockey all around and looked better as the game went on.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I thought Belpedio looked fine. 1st period maybe a little shaky, but the 1st period was overall terrible hockey all around and looked better as the game went on.
Yeah, that's what I thought. He was stuck with Bartkowski, and they seemed to be trapped in their own end for most of the 1st period. He looked sharper in the last two periods. Decent in board battles, reasonably good defensively, and ok with handling the puck. Mermis got Dumba, and Addison got Suter to play with, so he definitely got the short straw when it came to partners.

I'll need to see more, but it looks like Belpedio and Mermis can be a #6/7D in the NHL .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->