GDT: G10 // Oilers @ Blackhawks // Oct 28 @ 4 PM MST // TV: SNET 360

How surprised are you at the Oilers' start to the season?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
Only rationale is let him play to give potentially interested teams a look.... although really we should sit him in the pressbox and send them the tape of the Sharks series and hope they fall for it.
That’s the only thing I figure as well. Don’t keep around if it’s gonna be a distraction

kevy999

Sep 12, 2016
I don't understand why they stick with Garrison-Benning after a win (the duo committed 2 idiotic penalties) yet have to bench Gravel-Bouchard after a win, a duo that has been fine outside of one goal.

Pulju needs to be sent down. He's learning nothing from 3 straight games in.the press box. He needs to play somewhere
Okay coach lol seriously he will learn nothing being sent down. He will only learn playing against nhl players . And yes players can learn by sitting and watching. But he should be back in the lineup today

Paperbagofglory

Nov 15, 2010
Literally one?
Ok how many games was he even the top 4 despite him not responding well to more minutes? He cost the team 2 games on his own and was back out there for another game where the other team scored 2 goals a few minutes apart with him on the ice for both of them. You cant talk about accountability on that one.

kevy999

Sep 12, 2016
Pulju is being treated differently because he's inept in the NHL.

Puljujarvi doesn't belong in this league.

I guess it's easier to think the head coach is a xenophobe than it is to admit that the Oilers drafted yet another complete dud.
You get reward for most absurd comment of the day lol No you don't belong in that league and i don't but Pulj does

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
I don't understand why they stick with Garrison-Benning after a win (the duo committed 2 idiotic penalties) yet have to bench Gravel-Bouchard after a win, a duo that has been fine outside of one goal.

Pulju needs to be sent down. He's learning nothing from 3 straight games in.the press box. He needs to play somewhere

What makes me mad is they are not sending a good example to young players . They sit them after a mistake and Benning and Kassian were train wrecks. No accountability.
They only thing is they are shopping Kassian. Hey maybe Benning as well.

Reactions: Aerrol

space321

May 11, 2011

I guess it's easier to think the head coach is a xenophobe than it is to admit that the Oilers drafted yet another complete dud.

If Jesse doesn't belong then literally none of our RW belong.

doorbag

Jun 26, 2008
The boys come out hot today and win 5-2. McDavid with 3pts all on the powerplay.

Jet Walters

May 15, 2013
How many more games in a row can Klefbom log 28-30 minutes? Hopefully his shoulders can shoulder the load, but I'm worried he's going to burn out. Yawney seems to really be bringing out some more offensive confidence in Larsson this year too. It actually resembles a top pairing right now.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Ok how many games was he even the top 4 despite him not responding well to more minutes? He cost the team 2 games on his own and was back out there for another game where the other team scored 2 goals a few minutes apart with him on the ice for both of them. You cant talk about accountability on that one.
Literally one...

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
I think sitting Bouchard is really about letting him get as many NHL practices in as possible before 9 games (I think they'll send him down). Still no reason for Gravel to be sitting though.

t0nedeff

Jun 29, 2010

or it's easier to ignore all the other horrendous and bizarre coaching choices Mclellan does than understand he has treated Pulj differently as soon as he laced them up for the Oilers. Kassian/Khaira/Benning don't deserve to be in the NHL right now I don't see you lobbying for them to be dropped or sent down or really any comments about them being 1 hundred percent non NHL calibre players right now. The Pitts game was Pulj last game and guess what Drai doesn't get his first goal that game and the momentum doesn't change if JP doesn't drive in tie up the guy going for the puck and allow Drai time to pick his corner but sure hasn't done anything and doesn't deserve to be in this league Mclellan Jr.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
or it's easier to ignore all the other horrendous and bizarre coaching choices Mclellan does than understand he has treated Pulj differently as soon as he laced them up for the Oilers. Kassian/Khaira/Benning don't deserve to be in the NHL right now I don't see you lobbying for them to be dropped or sent down or really any comments about them being 1 hundred percent non NHL calibre players right now. The Pitts game was Pulj last game and guess what Drai doesn't get his first goal that game and the momentum doesn't change if JP doesn't drive in tie up the guy going for the puck and allow Drai time to pick his corner but sure hasn't done anything and doesn't deserve to be in this league Mclellan Jr.
I wouldn't care if any of them were out of the lineup either lol. Honestly I do care that Pulju is in the pressbox. He'd be better off in the minors. Just wasting him right now.

Mclellan Jr.

:laugh:

Cam98

Jun 24, 2009
They probably sitting Bouchard so his final two games in NHL this year is at home in Edmonton on Tuesday and Thursday. Then they will put him down to juniors.

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
Nothing like intentionally making your on ice team worse just so you can hope to recoup a 6th rounder for the player.
Wouldn’t be the same unless we had an issue with a player on the Oilers. We can’t go 2 months

Maverick41

Cold-blooded Jelly Doughnut
Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
This will be an interesting game for me. The 3 best German hockey players (by far) all on the ice for this one.

I had hoped that the Oilers would be the team signing Kahun this summer, because he and Draisaitl go way back and have always played excellent together.
But he found a nice home on Toews' wing and last game aside, he had a strong start to his NHL career.

I hope the Oilers win, but that Kahun has a strong game nevertheless.

I have watched several Hawks games this season and they are a weird team. Just a mystery bag where you never know what you'll get. As long as they can shut at least one of their top lines down, I think the Oilers should win this.
But beware of Kane (obviously) and DeBrincat. DeBrincat has a really great shot and Toews, who looks rejuvinated this season, and Kahun are really good at setting him up.
Another interesting player for the Hawks is Gustafsson on defense. He can struggle defensively, but is very dangerous on the offensive side.

I am really looking forward to this.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
I don't mind him not in the lineup.

But if he's not going to be, he should be sent down.

IMO he's had days to think about things and today would be a prime tie to have someone coming in with fresh legs with a chip on their shoulder. Now if he's dogging it in practice or something then just send him down.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Feels Weird to say considering his production but McDavid is due for a big game. I think he comes out and dominates today

talitintti

Oct 13, 2018
I have a bad feeling about this because there's so much positivity surrounding the team now. Please don't crush my hopes... win this and I'm a believer in the playoffs.

Reactions: Aerrol

talitintti

Oct 13, 2018
Feels Weird to say considering his production but McDavid is due for a big game. I think he comes out and dominates today
It's crazy even when McD has a quiet night he usually creates a goal out of thin air with a ridiculous individual performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->