GDT: G1 Ducks @ Sharks | 7:30 Pac

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Probably just giving Gibbons some extra time to heal, no sense rushing him right back. I also wonder if the Steel-Lundestrom battle for a spot isn't over yet.

We have a pretty heavy schedule to start the season. Game # 18 is on November 9th (second of a three game home stand). If Kesler is out for that whole time, I wouldn't have an issue seeing the two kids split those and play 9 each. It maximizes the time Lundestrom gets to spend with the big club before making a decision on his status for this season, and will lessen the grind on both of them in their first pro year.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Why in the hell is Street playing over Lundestrom? If we're going to keep Lundy with the team just f***ing play him. You can't tell me 31 year old career AHLer Ben Street will make this team better than Lundestrom.

Reactions: bags07

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Why in the hell is Street playing over Lundestrom? If we're going to keep Lundy with the team just ****ing play him. You can't tell me 31 year old career AHLer Ben Street will make this team better than Lundestrom.
His chance will come and then he will go back to Sweden. I doubt they burn the year off his ELC

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
My only complaint is putting Steel with those players. I hate to say it, but with all the injuries, Getz and Rakell need to be split up for the start of the year

Trojans86

Dec 30, 2015
Why in the hell is Street playing over Lundestrom? If we're going to keep Lundy with the team just ****ing play him. You can't tell me 31 year old career AHLer Ben Street will make this team better than Lundestrom.
They may want to get 18 games out of Steel and Lundy so we have a decent 3c until Kesler gets back.

91Fedorov

John (Gibson) 3:16
Dec 30, 2013
A lot of people are down on Street, and I get it. But in his defense, I thought he played pretty solid in the last preseason game. I don't see anything more than a 4th liner. But he played a good game against the Kings.

Reactions: Boogernaut

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Yeah, he's fine. How many rookies need to dress to satisfy the HF intelligentsia?
It isn't a young guy thing at all, more so a talent thing. But hey if street or rowney can become another Grant than sure, it just doesn't happen all that often.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Really disappointed, we could absolutely use him right now.
Yeah, I can’t blame Bm though. I guarantee you Bm is offering less than he was initially after Ritchie balked at it to start.

Give him 15 days without a paycheck and he’ll start to sweat

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
It isn't a young guy thing at all, more so a talent thing. But hey if street or rowney can become another Grant than sure, it just doesn't happen all that often.
It is absolutely an age thing. If Lundestrom had been a 30 year old dude named dougie from kamloops, the debate between him and street would be zero, because who cares? Neither is an impact player right now, nor likely to become one this season, and one was barely more effective than the other. We've got plenty of hopefuls as it is.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
It is absolutely an age thing. If Lundestrom had been a 30 year old dude named dougie from kamloops, the debate between him and street would be zero, because who cares? Neither is an impact player right now, nor likely to become one this season, and one was barely more effective than the other. We've got plenty of hopefuls as it is.
If lundestrum was a 30 year old dude then we would know who he was. We know who street is, he's a guy who hasn't been good enough for the NHL in a 10 year career.

We know, unless of course some miraculous late-career blooming, that street is going to have limited impact, if at all. Maybe lundestrum would too, but at this time we also know who the more talented player is and who has more upside. If I'm choosing between two players with probably limited impact then it's going to be the player with the higher upside, because, like you said, who cares? It's a dart throw.

It's just kind of a weird thing to me, unless street has some particular skill that the coaches saw and loved that we don't. Experience with the pace maybe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad