GDT: G1 Ducks @ Sharks | 7:30 Pac

Status
Not open for further replies.

GhostOfWildWing

Jun 21, 2015
Ducks will be outplayed, outshot and come away with a 2-1 win, ruining the Sharks opener. EK on D will be held pointless, but EK on O will score their lone goal.

Goose of Reason

El Zilcho
May 1, 2013
Didn't we beat the Canucks like 6 or 7-1 in the opener in 2013? Or was that the home opener?

Excited to see all the young guys in action tonight. Hope Lundestrom draws in as well. Go Ducks!

Reactions: Mortal Wombat

quackquackquack

Oct 10, 2012
Didn't the media relentlessly say that Fowler will skate with Sustr to start the season?

Pretty sure its going to be:
Lindholm-Manson
Fowler - Sustr
Petty-Montour

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
Didn't the media relentlessly say that Fowler will skate with Sustr to start the season?

Pretty sure its going to be:
Lindholm-Manson
Fowler - Sustr
Petty-Montour
Carlyle seemed to indicate that he had a clear top 4 of lindholm, Manson, montour, and Fowler. In the context of mix and match options. The latter preseason games bore that out. I'd be surprised if Sustr or Schenn suddenly merited top 4 minutes after that.

Rec T

Jun 1, 2007
NKY
Even though I mainly lurk around here, my heart firmly belongs to the Ducks. So here's hoping for a decent semi-transitional season with only a tiny fraction of last year's injuries. And thanks in advance for the assorted commentary on here as the hockey news around here is pretty much 'that's played on ice isn't it?' Ah well, come 10:30 tonight I'll be watching the game ... probably the only person in KY doing so but there will be some support from here...

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
the sharks without karlsson skated circles around this same ducks team 6 months ago

that's all i have to say

CrazyDuck4u

Oct 14, 2006
All I know is Someone better guard Donskio..Hes a ducks killer.. Reminds of the times we used play sharks and they had chechoo.

Reactions: duxfan1101

Mortal Wombat

Dec 7, 2014
Didn't we beat the Canucks like 6 or 7-1 in the opener in 2013? Or was that the home opener?

Excited to see all the young guys in action tonight. Hope Lundestrom draws in as well. Go Ducks!
Yes, we did. 7-3. So there are actually two non-Carlyle wins in season openers. My bad. But this means we have at least 5 wins. Because Carlyle won 05-06, 06-07, and last season.

Reactions: Goose of Reason

CrazyDuck4u

Oct 14, 2006
the sharks without karlsson skated circles around this same ducks team 6 months ago

that's all i have to say
That had to do with the system that was in play..This new system is much more relentless on the forecheck, It will stop their speed. We used to just back off and let them come to us.. I think they learned the hard way.. Even still. Im expecting a loss. Just to much inexperience in the lineup...

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Ducks posted the lineup on Instagram

Reactions: Opak

Arthuros

Registered Snoozer
Feb 24, 2014
Littleroot Town
Umm no, now we have 4 or 5 rookies scattered throughout the lineup, so it might even get worse
They’ll do it with one skate tied behind their back.

And why did they even bother keeping Lundeström around if he’s just going to be part of the scratch roatation? I’d rather him go play in the SHL full time.

Reactions: Vinegar Strokes

Bender66

Send in the clowns
Oct 4, 2008
SoCal
Hockey is back!
Playing the Sharks? Recalls how last season ended ...

giphy.gif

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
We suck ass against the sharks. Our lineup is depleted as well.... But I'm excited to watch the kids and just glad hockey is back. I have zero expectations tonight.

Reactions: DuckRogers10
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad