G Yaroslav Askarov - SKA-Neva St.Petersburg, VHL (2020, 11th, NSH)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Askarov is an incredible athlete for a player his size. While someone like Knight is a good athlete, he rarely needs to use it because he’s always in great position. Askarov isn’t bad positionally and with technical aspects of the game. I think he’s better at these aspects than most goalie prospects, but it’s not his forte. His forte is his athleticism. The comparisons to Vasilevskiy are not just because of the hype they had as prospects and being Russian. They play very similar.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
He is exceptional and I would pick him in the top 5. The only guy I'm sure will be a bigger difference-maker is Alexis. But he needs to be more economic in his movements and work on positioning. He reminds me of Varlamov a bit, who was also exceptionally talented in terms of athletic ability, but over-reliance on that made him fragile as he overworked himself by needing to pull out all the stops making what would've been a routine save for a technically sound goalie because he wasn't the best at understanding angles and reading the play.

Reactions: Henderson19

tfong

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2008
www.instagram.com
Alot of these saves are desperate low ice saves, can someone give a quick rundown how he is with routine saves and high shots? Most of his highlights show him really low to the ice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad