G Vsevolod Skotnikov - Zvezda Moscow, VHL (2020 undrafted)

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
181th in my board.

Yaroslav Askarov, Yegor Guskov, Yegor Gorshkov, Amir Miftakhov, Gleb Nosov and him... I predict 5 maybe 6 Russian GK this year.

Killerjas

Mar 6, 2017
Netherlands
Mindblowing why there is no buzz about him. Been dominant in the MHL for the last 2 seasons and did really well this season in the 5 games he played in the VHL (Russian's 2nd men league). The same league as Askarov! People are sleeping on him because he is "just" 6 feet high, but this kid is great and is not listed by the top scouting teams. He is doing quite well in the new season, playing in the VHL.

I would throw a late round pick at him, maybe a 5th round pick at the earliest.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Mindblowing why there is no buzz about him. Been dominant in the MHL for the last 2 seasons and did really well this season in the 5 games he played in the VHL (Russian's 2nd men league). The same league as Askarov! People are sleeping on him because he is "just" 6 feet high, but this kid is great and is not listed by the top scouting teams. He is doing quite well in the new season, playing in the VHL.

He was on the bench yesterday for CSKA Moscow. I think he’s their third goalie this season.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011

The problem is just 6 feet nowadays sounds like a guy who will stay in the KHL as NHL teams are obsessed with supertall goalies.

Last edited:

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
The problem is just 6 feet nowadays sounds like a guy who will stay in the KHL as NHL teams are obsessed with supertall goalies.
Believe it or not:sarcasm:

only one goalie under 6'1" was drafted and that was a Canadian.

On the other side of the spectrum two 6'8" guys with mediocre stats were drafted in late rounds.

And Khudobin's success won't change that anytime soon. Skotnikov is doing the right thing extending in the KHL.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Great numbers. Any reason he is still in VHL and not getting a KHL opportunity?
Keep in mind with those kind of numbers he is one of five goalies with .94+ and 1/13 with .93+ Sv%. Numbers in the VHL are mostly meaningless.

Case in point, he still remains the 4th goalie in the system with Gamzin getting both the bigger share of VHL games, and KHL opportunities, where he has .949 Sv% while posting "just" .922 in the VHL. Hard to pass opportunities to Skotnikov when he plays like that.

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad