G Ukko Pekka Luukkonen - Rochester Americans, AHL (2017, 54th, BUF)

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Ukko Pekka Luukkonen, now that is as Finnish a name you can get. That's probably more Finnish then drinking a bottle of vodka in a sauna

Reactions: teravaineSAROS

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Very atrocious game for Luukkonen vs Czechs today.
I have to question of mental maturity in big games.
Who knows, can't draw too much from one game. Skarek is supposed to be the best goalie prospect since at least Samsonov (pre-draft) and hasn't looked very good either.

Hockeyisl1fe

Dec 8, 2016
After his pneumonia (caused a month break) he hasn't been himself even in the junior league.

Huokaus

Oct 29, 2010
Yeah, he seemed shakier than in my earlier viewings of him in regulation time but made some big saves in OT, so I wouldn't start question the mental side of his game just yet.

JJTT

Jan 18, 2013
Oulu
Other than the 4th goal, which I think he didn't even see as Heiskanen failed to block the shot, none of the goals were his fault.

Gsus

MVP
Feb 20, 2014
Pori, Finland
Other than the 4th goal, which I think he didn't even see as Heiskanen failed to block the shot, none of the goals were his fault.

Agree. And also always when doesn't elevate and it goes in, it's goalies fault. I mean it looks so easy, but it's definately not.

hurricanedave

Apr 19, 2012
Who knows, can't draw too much from one game. Skarek is supposed to be the best goalie prospect since at least Samsonov (pre-draft) and hasn't looked very good either.

Hard to take too much home from these tournaments, just look at Jack Campbell he is practically the poster boy of junior tournament play with amazing U18 runs.

JJTT

Jan 18, 2013
Oulu
Anybody know what the plan for Luukkonen is for next season/future? HPK signed Karjalainen to a 3 year extension so Larmi/Karjalainen/Luukkonen are all signed for the next two seasons now.

sr edler

gold is not reality
Mar 20, 2010
Ukko Pekka Luukkonen, now that is as Finnish a name you can get. That's probably more Finnish then drinking a bottle of vodka in a sauna

Isn't vodka in the sauna more of a Russian thing?

Finns drink beer in the sauna. ;)

StatisticsAddict99

Feb 24, 2017
Wow his height is all over the region, I see sites saying he's 6' solid, 6'3", 6'4"... but the Combine clocked him in at a whopping 6'6.25" per TheHockeyWriters(http://thehockeywriters.com/2017-nhl-combine-heights-weights/). Also had a great combine leading most goalies in most tests(just assuming glancing at the combine test results, as I remember seeing the most out of Luukkonen). This being said would his stock be rising?

Last edited:

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London
Wow his height is all over the region, I see sites saying he's 6' solid, 6'3", 6'4"... but the Combine clocked him in at a whopping 6'6.25" per TheHockeyWriters(http://thehockeywriters.com/2017-nhl-combine-heights-weights/). Also had a great combine leading most goalies in most tests(just assuming glancing at the combine test results, as I remember seeing the most out of Luukkonen). This being said would his stock be rising?

This wouldn't raise his stock because he's already getting full points for being big. Hard to gain points in the Hockey IQ section when at the combine. All this Combine is for comfirmation of abilities and facts already known.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal

Corrected height is 6'4.25:

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad