Confirmed with Link: (G)Sergei Bobrovsky 7yr @ 10 mil

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
The only concern I have about the team is their lack of physicality.

That should be fine during the regular season but when the playoffs start and the refs put away their whistles I'm worried that players like Barkov or Borgstrom will get beat up pretty bad.

I hope that if they are in a playoff spot at the deadline Dale picks up some "heavy" players for the playoff run.

I think he will, only because of the fact that there should be at least one forward injury at deadline time, and I think management will address any weaknesses they see.

Reactions: Fixxer and klabob

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
I'm not necessarily disagreeing with you, but you don't think that it'll take some time to find some consistency with a new system being implemented?

I think...barring injury to a major contributor...they'll be much more effective in the 2nd half of the season overall, and will need Bob to be "Vezina Bob" very early on to compensate for the early inconsistencies. Top 3 in the division might be a bit of a pipe dream in the 1st year under Q, certainly not an impossibility, but those other teams(Boston, Toronto, and Tampa) may have lost players, may have key older players that are a year older(especially in Bostons case), but their systems are relatively the same, so they have the advantage until we are shown otherwise, IMO.
It's possible. But I think a defensive system suits our players better. It might not take as long for them to play well in it. It won't be perfect at first I don't think, but I think they'll have a good chance to start off decent enough. And then get better and better as the season goes along.

Reactions: Mase

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
It's possible. But I think a defensive system suits our players better. It might not take as long for them to play well in it. It won't be perfect at first I don't think, but I think they'll have a good chance to start off decent enough. And then get better and better as the season goes along.

Agreed. Q's system is not complex at all supposedly. Im seriously hoping that we dont get off to our typical slow start. We need to be a top 8 team in the East from the jump.

pantherbot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2006
I don't normally follow guys on Instagram and stuff, but those posts got me interested in bob. And man watching his daily posts... The guy is excited to be a panther and he's working hard.

Makes me excited about what he can do next season. He's definitely not sitting on his but contract.

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
I don't normally follow guys on Instagram and stuff, but those posts got me interested in bob. And man watching his daily posts... The guy is excited to be a panther and he's working hard.

Makes me excited about what he can do next season. He's definitely not sitting on his but contract.

That's great to hear!

Reactions: Chaos2k7

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002

I wish I could understand a word he's saying ;)

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
giphy.gif

Reactions: Fixxer

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
What I’m loving about him is the fact that after he just got a hugeeee contract he’s not mailing it in like “I got paid, I’m set”. Instead he carries himself likes he’s the man, more like “yeah, I’m one of the highest paid goaltenders on the planet and I’m gonna show you why”. Love the work ethic, he wants to prove himself despite already winning two vezina’s

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
What I’m loving about him is the fact that after he just got a hugeeee contract he’s not mailing it in like “I got paid, I’m set”. Instead he carries himself likes he’s the man, more like “yeah, I’m one of the highest paid goaltenders on the planet and I’m gonna show you why”. Love the work ethic, he wants to prove himself despite already winning two vezina’s

And still he ain't nowhere near Bolland's commitment to the game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->