Confirmed with Link: (G)Sergei Bobrovsky 7yr @ 10 mil

Our Lady Peace

Aug 12, 2014
BC
No complaints with this until Bobrovsky plays like a sieve. Until then, be happy with this deal because elite goaltending and a good playoff-quality roster have not been adjacent in Florida for many, many years. Bobrovsky is 31 in Sept, so he's gonna be 37 when he's a UFA again. Could still be elite at that age, or even still very good (or not good, but that's too far ahead in the future for speculation).

Florida's time is now and Hoffman/Dadonov are expiring next season. Make the push while you have your best assets lining up.

Reactions: Boothinator

TheImpatientPanther

Florida Flukin Panthers > LTIR Maple Leafs
Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Uh. Ok. I just cant see this as a good thing.
Good goalie Though.

Not a great deal but we needed a #1 goalie capable of 60 games, why not one who has won 2 Vezinas and still only 30-31 years old?
One year too long and a million overpay but the NMC drops after 5 years when Knight should take over.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
If it's the full 10, I am mad. Would have much rathered Lehner at 5m x 4y.
If it's above 9.5 with a full NMC, that is heinous, and I'm back on the fire Tallon bandwagon. Since he took back over, all the talk has been about waiting til July 2019 when Trouba, Panarin, Bobrovsky, and other goalies would be available. He will have failed.

Lehner turned down 5M/year from the Isles. What mskes you think he's signing here for 5×4?

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
Was hoping for 7x8, expecting 7x9. We did need a starter pretty desperately but that's one ugly contract. He better win another Vezina at this money. Not a fan of that five year NMC either.
Really feel like I should be more excited that we fixed our worst roster hole... It could work out fine. If we get three years of elite goaltending and two years of good goaltending, then it'll be worth it overall.
...unless CHGoalie is right, Monty is an elite goaltender in the making and we lose him for nothing in a year or two. Bob's contract is more or less fine for Knight and/or Bednard's developement path, but it does kinda feel like we're betting against Montembeault.

Okay, enough with the bleak stuff - yay Bobrovski! :D We signed the second best FA avaliable, a two-times Vezina winner, we have a quality starter now :) We should be SC contenders now. Welcome to Florida and fingers crossed he can take us to the promise land...

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
Was hoping for 7x8, expecting 7x9. We did need a starter pretty desperately but that's one ugly contract. He better win another Vezina at this money. Not a fan of that five year NMC either.
Really feel like I should be more excited that we fixed our worst roster hole... It could work out fine. If we get three years of elite goaltending and two years of good goaltending, then it'll be worth it overall.
...unless CHGoalie is right, Monty is an elite goaltender in the making and we lose him for nothing in a year or two. Bob's contract is more or less fine for Knight and/or Bednard's developement path, but it does kinda feel like we're betting against Montembeault.

Okay, enough with the bleak stuff - yay Bobrovski! :D We signed the second best FA avaliable, a two-times Vezina winner, we have a quality starter now :) We should be SC contenders now. Welcome to Florida and fingers crossed he can take us to the promise land...

Exactly how I feel as well.

Reactions: letsgrowcactus

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
Lehner turned down 5M/year from the Isles. What mskes you think he's signing here for 5×4?
It was a two year contract though; might have signed for four years to get more security. It'll be interesting to see where and for what he signs.
Also did I miss something or is Varlamov (and Mrazek) also still available? Seems like a waiting game "who blinks first" (cracks and offers an ugly contract) before the dominoes fall...

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania

It's time to start betting on the Panthers for once. If it turns out we have three elite goalies in the pipeline, that's a good problem to have.

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
We needed great goaltending especially after last season! Our goalies failed nunerous times and never made a save when they had to! Bob has the ability to do this.

And people wanting to hand a contract out to Lehner . There is a big chance he would have failed under our tire fire Defense!
LOL Dale?

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
@letsgrowcactus I'm always willing to put my money where my mouth is. Frankly if Bob does what people think hes gonna do, then i consider his contract an underpayment.

BeezKnees

Jun 4, 2010
Orlando, FL
Best goalie Quenneville's ever had too. Old khabibuhlin, huet, and won cups with niemi and crawford. It's not a great contract but f*** it, Bobrovsky's a stud and we couldn't afford to gamble on goalie this year. Figure out the rest later.

TheImpatientPanther

Florida Flukin Panthers > LTIR Maple Leafs
Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
The more you read about his pregame and off ice care of his body and mind, I feel comfortable with him in the starter role for the next 5-6 years.

That sequence against NYI around 2:40 mark is unreal

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->