Confirmed with Link: (G)Sergei Bobrovsky 7yr @ 10 mil

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
I agree, Bob let in two soft goals, and one bad rebound that led to the third goal. The fourth goal was a deflection, not much you can do there. I was on record saying I would have started Monty this game, but Q thought otherwise, and who am I to question the coach with 899 career wins. :huh: :teach:

I actually did not have him making a save that wouldn't have been made last year.

So that's 23 saves in 15 games.

I guess I should add everytime that I would divide the goal amounts by two to help eliminate errorr or luck.

So 23/2=11.5 saves
11.5 saves/23 games

0.76 saves not made last year/game

Definitely allowed one soft goal last game, but after that I thought he was superb!
I thought Bob made three really good saves last night, and two addtional saves that I don't think would have been made last year.
The one save was in the 2nd, I believe on a two-on-one where he went cross-crease and picked the puck out of the air. I believe from that point on was a game-changer.

The other save I have was with about 20 seconds left to go where he went cross crease and made a Sliding pad save. He actually got up and looked like he fell afterward
I would say both of those saves wouldn't have been made last year.

So that's 25 saves in 16 games.

Therefore:

25/2=12.5 saves
12.5 saves/16 games

0.78 saves not made last year/game

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
Definitely allowed one soft goal last game, but after that I thought he was superb!
I thought Bob made three really good saves last night, and two addtional saves that I don't think would have been made last year.
The one save was in the 2nd, I believe on a two-on-one where he went cross-crease and picked the puck out of the air. I believe from that point on was a game-changer.

The other save I have was with about 20 seconds left to go where he went cross crease and made a Sliding pad save. He actually got up and looked like he fell afterward

Therefore:

25/2=12.5 saves
12.5 saves/16 games

Maybe you could start tracking softies that he should have saved (that Lu or Reims would/might have saved), and subtract that from the saves list before dividing by 2?

sinDer

Nov 22, 2006
Drummondville, QC

Therefore:

25/2=12.5 saves
12.5 saves/16 games

Those "stats" are irrelevant if you don't also consider goals that would have been saved last year.

What you are saying is that Reimer and/or Luongo would have a GAA of 4.31? (Current Bob's 3.54 + 0.78), which is a lot worse than their last year numbers.

So basically, you are saying that our D is a lot worse than last year...?

Prominence Problem

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Maybe you could start tracking softies that he should have saved (that Lu or Reims would/might have saved), and subtract that from the saves list before dividing by 2?

I would have done that, had I thought of it at the start of the Season. Maybe next year after our Stanley Cup win I will do that. Not about to re-watch 20 games from this year.

Those "stats" are irrelevant if you don't also consider goals that would have been saved last year.

What you are saying is that Reimer and/or Luongo would have a GAA of 4.31? (Current Bob's 3.54 + 0.78), which is a lot worse than their last year numbers.

So basically, you are saying that our D is a lot worse than last year...?

I don't understand how it's irrelevant. I am tracking in my own mind, saves that have been made, mostly cross-crease saves, that wouldn't have been made last year.

If we would have went with one of Reimer or Lou this year, then yes, I think their numbers would be a lot worse than Bob because I don't think they would make these certain kind of saves.

I did not say that our D is a lot worse than last year's. Please do not put words in my mouth.

Really if you wanted to make it simple, Bob let in one soft goal last game. He possibly saved two sure goals. That would make him plus one. In my mind, that's a good game. After that cross-crease save where he gloved the puck out of the air, I forgot all about the softy he let in to the bread man. I hope all fans here did the same. Why worry about something like that, when you can celebrate these amazing saves?

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
I would have done that, had I thought of it at the start of the Season. Maybe next year after our Stanley Cup win I will do that. Not about to re-watch 20 games from this year.

I don't understand how it's irrelevant. I am tracking in my own mind, saves that have been made, mostly cross-crease saves, that wouldn't have been made last year.

If we would have went with one of Reimer or Lou this year, then yes, I think their numbers would be a lot worse than Bob because I don't think they would make these certain kind of saves.

I did not say that our D is a lot worse than last year's. Please do not put words in my mouth.

Really if you wanted to make it simple, Bob let in one soft goal last game. He possibly saved two sure goals. That would make him plus one. In my mind, that's a good game. After that cross-crease save where he gloved the puck out of the air, I forgot all about the softy he let in to the bread man. I hope all fans here did the same. Why worry about something like that, when you can celebrate these amazing saves?

Exactly, no chance Lu or Reims make that save last season.

sinDer

Nov 22, 2006
Drummondville, QC

But if Reimer/Luongo would have worse numbers than last year, doesn't mean our D would have to be worse too?

Reactions: BabyBarkov

Prominence Problem

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
But if Reimer/Luongo would have worse numbers than last year, doesn't mean our D would have to be worse too?

Not sure on what your infatuation on last year's D is? If it was better than this year or not I could really care less.

Lou or Reimer would not have saved in my mind 25 shot this year, and that's missing one of Bob's starts (#1 @ NYI) and all of Monty's starts.

sinDer

Nov 22, 2006
Drummondville, QC
Not sure on what your infatuation on last year's D is? If it was better than this year or not I could really care less.

Lou or Reimer would not have saved in my mind 25 shot this year, and that's missing one of Bob's starts (#1 @ NYI) and all of Monty's starts.

It's simple, you are saying that Lu and Reimer would have GAA over 4.00 this year, which is worse than their last year numbers, which also means our D would have to be worse than last year.

I'm sorry and I don't want to be rude, but your thing is irrelevant and pointless. But if you have fun win it, go for it.

Once again, you can't say that Bob made whatever number of saves that would been goals with Reimer and Luongo if you're not talking about goals allowed by Bob that would have been stopped.

Prominence Problem

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
It's simple, you are saying that Lu and Reimer would have GAA over 4.00 this year, which is worse than their last year numbers, which also means our D would have to be worse than last year.

I'm sorry and I don't want to be rude, but your thing is irrelevant and pointless. But if you have fun win it, go for it.

Once again, you can't say that Bob made whatever number of saves that would been goals with Reimer and Luongo if you're not talking about goals allowed by Bob that would have been stopped.

If it's so irrelevant and pointless then don't read or respond to my posts.

I can't say, but I just did. Make up your own damn stat, you don't have to try and put me down. :madfire:

austropanther

Jul 21, 2015
Bregenz
Can somebody please point out the soft goal from last game to me? I can't see it and I find it quite disturbing that people always look for mistakes when Bob played a very good game

Prominence Problem

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Can somebody please point out the soft goal from last game to me? I can't see it and I find it quite disturbing that people always look for mistakes when Bob played a very good game

The Rangers second goal, scored by the bread man. It was a long wrister from the top of the circles along the ice that beat Bob. He probably should have stopped that, unless there's something I didn't notice.

SimbaThePanther

Jul 3, 2015
Sweden
The Rangers second goal, scored by the bread man. It was a long wrister from the top of the circles along the ice that beat Bob. He probably should have stopped that, unless there's something I didn't notice.

Thought he was completely screened on that one? Don't think many would have saved it to be honest. That was a perfect shot to the far side when the goalie couldn't see the puck at all.

austropanther

Jul 21, 2015
Bregenz
Thought he was completely screened on that one? Don't think many would have saved it to be honest. That was a perfect shot to the far side when the goalie couldn't see the puck at all.

Exactly! Did not see it one bit! Perfect smart play by Panarin, no chance for Bob.

So personally, I cannot see a week goal, only the firdt suprised me a bit. He played it very conservatively sliding on over with his glove low whereas usually all limbs would be flying over to the other side. To me it seems he is a actually struggling with himself, trying now to simplify his game as much as possible to find his usual self

RogerRoger

Jul 23, 2013
Lu and Reimer don't let that gigantic rebound happen, so that's 2 goals that wouldn't have happened ... so finishing even by your count. I guess it's a fun exercise, but it doesn't show anything meaningful other than people are willing to go through a lot to defend his poor play.

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
Reimer and lou would have also likely saved a lot more shots thru traffic that bob hasnt. Sorry but that goal last night was oathetic. If he can’t find the puck from top of circle because of a screen when there is no traffic infront of the net that’s his own fault. Finding and tracking the puck thru traffic is the goalies responsibility just like positioning.

Prominence Problem

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Lu's body failed him last year, but it was his lateral movement that really hurt. He still had great positioning and head for the game.

That's why I basically all the Saves I'm tracking this year are lateral movement saves. I don't think Luo would have stood a chance based on his lack of Mobility last season.

austropanther

Jul 21, 2015
Bregenz
Reimer and lou would have also likely saved a lot more shots thru traffic that bob hasnt. Sorry but that goal last night was oathetic. If he can’t find the puck from top of circle because of a screen when there is no traffic infront of the net that’s his own fault. Finding and tracking the puck thru traffic is the goalies responsibility just like positioning.

Are you talking about the Panarin goal??? The only goalie who would have been able to see that puck is Bishop because he is 10 feet taller than everyone else. But hey, let's just put all the responsibility on the goalie to keep track through traffic - why not hand him X-ray goggles and tell the D: "Great news guys! You don't have to move other players out of the goalie's sight anymore!!! He can see everything anyway!! so just let them park their bu*ts right in front of his face and you go for a walk..."

His positioning on that goal was fine, and tracking was basically impossible since Panarin chose the perfect moment to fire it when our Dman and their forward moved through Bob's vision.

What actually is pathetic is the witch hunt this threat has become.

Nobody claims that Bob was good so far this season, especially considering his history and standards - whether you do the eye test or stat watching. But to dissect each and every goal to find a reason to blame him is just sad.

He had a good (not stellar) game against the Rangers and gave us a chance to win. Why can we not take it from there as it is more than he has given us before? Let's just go from there, he WILL get better

Last edited:
Reactions: BabyBarkov

BabyBennettov

May 2, 2002
Under the Sunshine
Visit site
Are you talking about the Panarin goal??? The only goalie who would have been able to see that puck is Bishop because he is 10 feet taller than everyone else. But hey, let's just put all the responsibility on the goalie to keep track through traffic - why not hand him X-ray goggles and tell the D: "Great news guys! You don't have to move other players out of the goalie's sight anymore!!! He can see everything anyway!! so just let them park their bu*ts right in front of his face and you go for a walk..."

His positioning on that goal was fine, and tracking was basically impossible since Panarin chose the perfect moment to fire it when our Dman and their forward moved through Bob's vision.

What actually is pathetic is the witch hunt this threat has become.

Nobody claims that Bob was good so far this season, especially considering his history and standards - whether you do the eye test or stat watching. But to dissect each and every goal to find a reason to blame him is just sad.

He had a good (not stellar) game against the Rangers and gave us a chance to win. Why can we not take it from there as it is more than he has given us before? Let's just go from there, he WILL get better

This.

Just like the witch-hunting against our D is becoming ridiculous.

People saying our team is always puck watching are delusional, every player of every team always watch the puck... They peak and get the feeling of where your guy is, but you generally watch where the action come from and have an eye on the puck at anytime.

Bob hasn't been great, particularly lately, but he is a great goalie and will be great again.

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
This.

Just like the witch-hunting against our D is becoming ridiculous.

People saying our team is always puck watching are delusional, every player of every team always watch the puck... They peak and get the feeling of where your guy is, but you generally watch where the action come from and have an eye on the puck at anytime.

Bob hasn't been great, particularly lately, but he is a great goalie and will be great again.

This post is ridiculous, cause steal on a pass has something to do with Anticipation, not with Puck watching. You dont watch the Puck if you play MantoMan coverage, cause in that System you play your Man not the Puck. But its you, so its okay, anyone here is witch hunting beside you or whatever.
Normally i dont go after that kind of Post.

Im also out of the Bobrovsky Discussion, yes he let some easy or maybe easy looking in on the other Hand he Stone a Scorer in a mantoman Battle with a great topshelf Glovesafe. Also he stun Player on a man Breakaway oversaw by everyone infront of him. make east/west saves on a late man joining pass.
I think he already showed great saves, and he had to do more in a single game like you wanna see. Beside you like to see great saves and some "Show". What means nothing else then the opponent Team had a 300% Chance and get stunned again by the Goalie( Your D sucks and also the late Forwards)

BabyBennettov

May 2, 2002
Under the Sunshine
Visit site
This post is ridiculous, cause steal on a pass has something to do with Anticipation, not with Puck watching. You dont watch the Puck if you play MantoMan coverage, cause in that System you play your Man not the Puck. But its you, so its okay, anyone here is witch hunting beside you or whatever.
Normally i dont go after that kind of Post.

Im also out of the Bobrovsky Discussion, yes he let some easy or maybe easy looking in on the other Hand he Stone a Scorer in a mantoman Battle with a great topshelf Glovesafe. Also he stun Player on a man Breakaway oversaw by everyone infront of him. make east/west saves on a late man joining pass.
I think he already showed great saves, and he had to do more in a single game like you wanna see. Beside you like to see great saves and some "Show". What means nothing else then the opponent Team had a 300% Chance and get stunned again by the Goalie( Your D sucks and also the late Forwards)

Then don't go after it... Already told you to leave me alone...

I'm sure guys stealing passes don't watch the play and just put their sticks in the lanes with their eyes closed, anticipate and then pray.

As I've said, for as little as I can understand you everytime, I don't need your expertise or your replies to my posts.

See ya, peace bud.

Prominence Problem

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..

Therefore:

25/2=12.5 saves
12.5 saves/16 games

So I didn't have Bob make any save that wouldn't be made last year. He did though make two really good save. One was on the shot from the point that skipped off the ice, then deflected. The other was about with six and a half left to go in the game, a pass behind the net and he made the right chest save.
The one goal he let in was kind of soft. It was a knuckle Puck and I've never played goalie, but I've heard they're harder to save. It was going to miss the net, then went off his blocker and in. Even tougher that it was going to miss the net, but what you can do. Lots of saves a goalie makes during the game are not going to hit the net. The other goal by that Frost kid was a good goal. In hindsight should Bob have gone down, we'll no. But he did and got beat with a really nice first career NHL goal.

So that's 25 saves in 17 games.

Therefore:

25/2=12.5 saves
12.5 saves/17 games

0.74 saves not made last year/gam

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad