Confirmed with Link: (G)Sergei Bobrovsky 7yr @ 10 mil

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
Those backhanded blind passes have to stop. Im not concerned with the top line doing things, because they are one of the most dominant lines in the league, and they are sound defensively, but Hoffman doing it pisses me off. He did it a few times on power plays that resulted in a turnover, and him doing it bothers me more because he is so one dimensional.

One thing Id like to try is Ekblad on the top PP unit, and have Yandle on the second unit.

Yeah I'm not worried about the top line turning the puck over at times, they make up for it offensively. Although I have to say they have been pretty bad in their own zone lately for some reason and like against the Rangers spent some of their shifts entirely defending which is very uncharacteristic of them. Maybe @drktmplr12 has a point with Barky and him not taking defensive responsibility of others anymore?

RogerRoger

Jul 23, 2013
Serious question for the bob detractors here. What's more likely? A) this team's defense, the same one that's been a problem for years, is still a work in progress, or B) that bob, a two-time vezina winner and widely acknowledged top-5 goalie, has suddenly turned into an ECHL caliber goalie as his stats would suggest?
Bob was terrible early last season as well, so it was quite likely that he would be terrible early on as well and surprise surprise, he has been terrible. He had a good game against the Islanders, so I'm looking forward to him playing like that again.

The defense has been bad for years? Then 38 years old Luongo posting .929 behind this problematic defense is putting Bob to shame...I guess Vezina's don't mean jack shit afterall.

Last time Bob won the Vezina, Lucic score 50 points and had more than 20 goals. Time passes and things changes. Bob's Vezina's are meaningless to assess his current play. If he was playing at a Vezina level, don't worry, we'd notice.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
Bob was terrible early last season as well, so it was quite likely that he would be terrible early on as well and surprise surprise, he has been terrible. He had a good game against the Islanders, so I'm looking forward to him playing like that again.

The defense has been bad for years? Then 38 years old Luongo posting .929 behind this problematic defense is putting Bob to shame...I guess Vezina's don't mean jack **** afterall.

Last time Bob won the Vezina, Lucic score 50 points and had more than 20 goals. Time passes and things changes. Bob's Vezina's are meaningless to assess his current play. If he was playing at a Vezina level, don't worry, we'd notice.
If this is meant to be an argument against some like me who are defending Bob’s play, then you’re moving the goal posts HUGELY.

I have not seen anyone claim Bob is playing like a Vezina winner. What I am simply disputing is your and vendetta’s claims that he’s one of the 3 worst goalies in the league so far, because of his low save %.

I am simply saying that there’s more to it, and neither of you wants to listen. So be it ... but don’t imply that I’m (or anyone else that I see) is saying he’s one of the top goalies this season. Obviously he’s not, and the poor save % isn’t all the fault of everyone else. Bob is responsible for it too. But like last year, it’s a team effort.

Reactions: Kellyr

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
If this is meant to be an argument against some like me who are defending Bob’s play, then you’re moving the goal posts HUGELY.

I have not seen anyone claim Bob is playing like a Vezina winner. What I am simply disputing is your and vendetta’s claims that he’s one of the 3 worst goalies in the league so far, because of his low save %.

I am simply saying that there’s more to it, and neither of you wants to listen. So be it ... but don’t imply that I’m (or anyone else that I see) is saying he’s one of the top goalies this season. Obviously he’s not, and the poor save % isn’t all the fault of everyone else. Bob is responsible for it too. But like last year, it’s a team effort.
Never said he’s worst 3. Said he hasn’t been good. Period. But his play is starting to pick up. I don’t how people can argue that our d has taken big steps forward with massive improvements from all ofmour top4. And I do mean massive. Most here agree on that but then look at our goals against and save percentage and how many pucks are going in from non prime chances and defend bobs play as being good or even average. Makes no sense. Now some people are even going as far as starting to blame qs system.

PanthersHockey1

South by Southeast
Mar 11, 2010
Palm Trees
Never said he’s worst 3. Said he hasn’t been good. Period. But his play is starting to pick up. I don’t how people can argue that our d has taken big steps forward with massive improvements from all ofmour top4. And I do mean massive. Most here agree on that but then look at our goals against and save percentage and how many pucks are going in from non prime chances and defend bobs play as being good or even average. Makes no sense. Now some people are even going as far as starting to blame qs system.

If one of each of matheson or ekblad or yandle have one error per game that directly leads to a goal against have they really taken a big step forward? Because I still see them making blunderous errors consistently. Every game.

I also strongly believe the forward group including the top line need to play way better defensively than they've been.

Reactions: Jakeybonz

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Yeah he's been OK but nothing to praise at.

Defense hasn't helped but I doubt all the starters in the league would be putting up similar numbers on this team.

He'll get going at some point, there were plenty of major moves made over the summer.

Reactions: Rahooji

austropanther

Jul 21, 2015
Bregenz
I'd say he was / currently is decent - which is not what you want to hear about your 10-million-dollar superstar goalkeeper. We are allowed to expect more from him - after all he himself expects more.

Luckily, decent is good enough for us currently to win most of our games.

The D is not perfect but took a step forward (Ek, Matheson, Weegar forward, Yandle backwards, Brown, Strals solid). Combine that with one more additional step plus Bob playing like he is expected too, we will be fine.

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Bob played a really good game, making aboat four very good saves.
But I like to think those saves would have been made last year by one of our two goalies. When I think of saves that wouldn't be made last year, I think naturally I'm thinking more of a lateral save, post to post. It's also more of a personal gut reaction, so it's difficult to explain.

Therefore I have him with 22 saves in 13 games.

I had Bob actually making one save I think wouldn't have been made last year. It was a second before Chara scored the fourth goal. He went post to post to rob Krejci on an unbelievable save. It's too bad the puck was just sitting there and all the players were Puck watching and Chara scooped it up and made it 4-0.

So that's 23 saves in 14 games.

PSLguy

#TimeToHunt
Jan 14, 2013
Port St. Lucie, FL
I had Bob actually making one save I think wouldn't have been made last year. It was a second before Chara scored the fourth goal. He went post to post to rob Krejci on an unbelievable save. It's too bad the puck was just sitting there and all the players were Puck watching and Chara scooped it up and made it 4-0.

Are you subtracting the goals that would've been stopped last year?

Reactions: geisterpanthers

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
Bob had taken a lot of, imo, unwarranted grief so far this season. Last night was the first time he really looked off, the second and (especially) the third goals shouldn't have been. I wonder if he was still thinking about the one Pasta ripped past him. He did make a great save before Chara put the rebound in for number 4. Rebound goals are almost always, imo, on the D, eliminate your check instead of fixating on / fishing for the puck. The coverage in front of him is still a work in progress, and I think Bob will get more into a groove as the season goes.
In the meantime, they better keep scoring 4 or 5. When do we play the Leafs? That could be a barn burner, much like tomorrow vs Jets could be.

Reactions: PantherboyHTR

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Look at Andrei Vasilevksi. Guy gives up 3 goals a game and just won the vezina. Over the hill. Tampa plays bad defensively and he plays bad. Who knew?

Prominence Problem

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..

3 softies tonight out of 4 goals against to lose us the hockey game. This guy sucks right now and needs to ride the pine.

I agree, Bob let in two soft goals, and one bad rebound that led to the third goal. The fourth goal was a deflection, not much you can do there. I was on record saying I would have started Monty this game, but Q thought otherwise, and who am I to question the coach with 899 career wins. :huh: :teach:

I actually did not have him making a save that wouldn't have been made last year.

So that's 23 saves in 15 games.

geisterpanthers

Feb 7, 2018
Germany
He sucks, no need defending him anymore.

How come Lu and Reimer had better numbers than him last year?
Is our defense that much worse this year? I mean go figure last year we had 2 below average NHL goalies and they managed better numbers behind that D. That can just mean that our D this year is waaay worse now that we have a world class goalie and he only manages a terrible SV% while according to many around here making incredible saves.

Reactions: I am not exposed

geisterpanthers

Feb 7, 2018
Germany
I agree, Bob let in two soft goals, and one bad rebound that led to the third goal. The fourth goal was a deflection, not much you can do there. I was on record
So that's 23 saves in 15 games.

That doesn't make sense.

So assume we had Lu (last years version) in net all games that Bob played this year. According to this he would have 23 more goals allowed than Bob right now. That equates to a SV% of 82,59! I somehow doubt he would be that bad.

Prominence Problem

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
That doesn't make sense.

So assume we had Lu (last years version) in net all games that Bob played this year. According to this he would have 23 more goals allowed than Bob right now. That equates to a SV% of 82,59! I somehow doubt he would be that bad.

I guess I should add everytime that I would divide the goal amounts by two to help eliminate errorr or luck.

So 23/2=11.5 saves
11.5 saves/23 games

0.76 saves not made last year/game

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad