G Rastislav Elias - Green Bay Gamblers, USHL (2022 Draft)

Outofbodyinhungary

Aug 6, 2018
Bratislava, Slovakia
English please.
Maybe doesn’t speak it. And google translate will only give half the message. Anyways I hear this argument so much by everyone, one kid gets in because of family name, the other because of “connections” to people in charge. What’s to believe? Is there golden generation of Slovak talent that was wasted because their name wasn’t special.

Ribana

Feb 20, 2019
English please.
It is sad to highlight the players whose rich parents influence the coaches. If Dad is the sponsor of the club (or is a member of the board), the "son" has a certain position on the ice or in the goal. "
Talents are born. Not so much. The problem is in the policy of sports officials and clubs. Everyone is earning money, rich parents of non-alienated children do not have the problem of dropping the envelope at regular pennies just to keep their children, even if they are not very capable of playing, and great and talented children whose parents have principles but do not have enough the wallet is sitting on the inverter, eventually disgusted with hockey ends. Everything deforms the atmosphere and the character of the sport. I'm sick of it.

Translate google

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
It is sad to highlight the players whose rich parents influence the coaches. If Dad is the sponsor of the club (or is a member of the board), the "son" has a certain position on the ice or in the goal. "
Talents are born. Not so much. The problem is in the policy of sports officials and clubs. Everyone is earning money, rich parents of non-alienated children do not have the problem of dropping the envelope at regular pennies just to keep their children, even if they are not very capable of playing, and great and talented children whose parents have principles but do not have enough the wallet is sitting on the inverter, eventually disgusted with hockey ends. Everything deforms the atmosphere and the character of the sport. I'm sick of it.

Translate google

Im from Slovakia, i understand. But the rules of this forum said, we should use English language.

Ribana

Feb 20, 2019
[QUOTE = "alko, pošta: 149886399, člen: 22192"] Niečo sa varí v kuchyni od HC Košice. Tento mladý 14-ročný brankár hrá teraz na Slovensku ligu U 18 a po 5 zápasoch má fantastické čísla:

5 hier, 3 prestrelky, 98,37%.

Umožňuje nádej, bude pokračovať.

Tu je jeho profil v sieti SZLH s aktuálnymi štatistikami. [/ QUOTE]
Už sa dovarilo. Štatistiky nie sú všetko, najmä ak sú uvedené údaje zapísané v prospech.

Ribana

Feb 20, 2019
Maybe Rastislav Elias is a good goalkeeper, but he's not as excellent as some people describe on this site. If his father was not in the board of HC Kosice, he would not have such great statistics and would not be in the place of the goalkeeper who belongs to this category.
His successful journey in the youth category ended. Statistics is not everything, especially if the data is written in favor of the goalkeeper.

Last edited:

Ribana

Feb 20, 2019
Maybe Rastislav Elias is a good goalkeeper, but he's not as excellent as some people describe on this site. If his father was not on board HC Kosice, he would not have such great statistics and would not be on the goalkeeper's place. He should play for his U16 category. Give a chance to those goalkeepers who belong to the U18 category.
His successful trip ended last week. Statistics are not everything, especially if the data is written incorrectly in favor of the goalkeeper.

Ribana

Feb 20, 2019
Maybe Rastislav Elias is a good goalkeeper, but he's not as excellent as some people describe on this site. If his father was not on board HC Kosice, he would not have such great statistics and would not be on the goalkeeper's place. He should play for his U16 category. Give a chance to those goalkeepers who belong to the U18 category.
His successful trip ended last week. Statistics are not everything, especially if the data is written incorrectly in favor of the goalkeeper.

Ribana

Feb 20, 2019

lostinwarsaw

A Slovak living in Belgium
Feb 26, 2019
Warsaw, Poland
His numbers are still great for a player playing against kids 3-4 years older than him. Are you saying his official Slovak hockey stats are manipulated? His dad is on board for HC Kosice and puts him to play? So what, are you sure that the current goalies age 17 and 18 are more deserving just cause of age? Do you know Canadian hockey player Zach hyman who is currently playing on one of the best NHL teams Maple leafs? His dad bought every minor league team so that Zach would be guaranteed top minutes, his parents were filthy rich and manipulated the system. Canada produces how many players compared to us? If Elias family gets him to be a top player while leaving some kid with Slovak 2nd league potential in the dust, than who cares?

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk

Im confused about all this. What do you want to say?

mirec04

Sep 3, 2018
Slovakia
I think it is nonsense... probably again one of the player's relatives complaining that his favorite goalkeeper is not playing too much.
If Elias's stats would be bad I would say nothing, but his numbers are great at this age.
I doubt the statistics are getting manipulated somehow by current information system from hockey federation... we will see in few years.

lostinwarsaw

A Slovak living in Belgium
Feb 26, 2019
Warsaw, Poland
I think it is nonsense... probably again one of the player's relatives complaining that his favorite goalkeeper is not playing too much.
If Elias's stats would be bad I would say nothing, but his numbers are great at this age.
I doubt the statistics are getting manipulated somehow by current information system from hockey federation... we will see in few years.
This is what I’m thinking too.

Jabs102501

May 16, 2018
that would be crazy if it was true, but knowing the Slovak Hockey Federation, I wouldn't be surprised tbh

Hali

Jun 8, 2019
But this could be true because the stats are usually recorded by the back up goalie or the team manager and that way they can be easily manipulated. And they are usually recorded by the home team. His stats at home are much better than his stats away, he only has 3 wins away and around 10 wins at home. Also his only below 90 save percentage games happened on the road. So when he is playing at home people can add shots to give him 90 above % and that way they can improve his stats. But this is just a speculation. I played this league and stuff like that happens all the time but if they are doing the same thing with him it really is unfair to the other goalies who work hard.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->