G Pyotr Kochetkov (2019, 36th, CAR)

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
Just made a save of the year candidate earlier today , however the Swiss scored seconds after.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I would've given the award to Dostal and I still think Russia should've started Tarasov, but Kochetkov should definitely get drafted.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Is he expected to back up Hellberg next season or is he going to have to fight it out with Melnichuk and Askarov for playing time?

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Is he expected to back up Hellberg next season or is he going to have to fight it out with Melnichuk and Askarov for playing time?
I think if they had a strong feeling about it SKA would have given Melnichuk to Sochi right away since they are in need of the backup now with a rather unproven starting goalie. But since they didn't, I assume they expect them both (Melnichuk and Kochetkov) to really compete for that spot.

Should be the 2nd goalie off the board but I could see a team preferring Sogaard's height and potential.

I'd say Kochetkov has way more typical height for a modern NHL goalie. Even Rinne is closer in height to him than to Sogaard. Correct me if I'm wrong but the Dane would be the first successful NHL goalie above 2m tall. Darling and Lindback were close but it didn't end pretty. Kochetkov, meanwhile, is right in that sweet spot as far as goalie sizes go.

Edit: nevermind, Bishop is 2.01

Last edited:
Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
There was a discussion in one of these threads recently that the Hurricanes couldn't afford to scout in Russia. A week later they pick a Russian playing in Russia in round 2, although its possible most of their viewings came at the WJC.

The S5

Jul 27, 2017
Very athletic. Would love to see it translate to the NHL for the Canes.
Either him or Ned for the next 10 years.

Reactions: Cane mutiny

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad