G Pavel Moysevich - SKA St. Petersburg, KHL (2023 undrafted)

Bone Density

Jul 27, 2022
I'd like to keep tabs on this big goalie out of Belarus. Listed at 6'5, 176 pounds at 19 years old. Solid numbers in the KHL and VHL. Sorry I don't have more information available to me, but I was hoping some of the prospect watchers could chime in. Can't find much video either.

Ranked #4 by NHL CENTRAL SCOUTING (EU Goalies)

Reactions: DatsyukToZetterberg

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Weird that some really bum ass goaltending prospects made Bob's mid-season list but not this guy.

I agree. And it's not just about this guy. None of the goalies I'd draft are on his list but I think that none of the goalies he listed have NHL upside.

austin63867

Nov 13, 2018
I agree. And it's not just about this guy. None of the goalies I'd draft are on his list but I think that none of the goalies he listed have NHL upside.
Don't agree. I expected everyone except Heil. Vinni and Saarinen are obvious and Leenders/George are having a good season.

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
Pulkkinen is at 33 so not entirely, but yeah, I think Moysevich probably deserved an HM.
Yes, not entirely, but, as I mentioned, mostly - the most obvious top guys usually are there. However that is just my impression, to be sure it would be good to compare his final lists with the overagers that were drafted in the Top100.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
My observations are that his list historically had been mostly about the first-year eligible players, not much about re-entries/overagers.
I thought about that but Pulkinnen was there and when I checked out the HMs I wasn't familiar with, like we are really ranking 6'1 USHL goalies with sub .860?

Reactions: GordieHowYaDoin

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Don't agree. I expected everyone except Heil. Vinni and Saarinen are obvious and Leenders/George are having a good season.
Those guys are all poor prospects. The only one with interesting upside is Saarinen but he just doesn't have any kind of track record, playing juniors in Finland, even a few games with the under 18 team. I'm not gonna watch those kinda games and I'm not sure it's the kind of level you wanna scout draft eligible prospects at. Also, he's always been poor for Finland in international games, particularly at the Hlinka Gretzky. Worth a punt in the later rounds but not really a top prospect for me.

There are far better goalie prospects available. Jakub Milota for example. Many interesting overagers as well. Moysevich isn't the only one. Wouldn't surprised to see a different kind of list from McKenzie after the WJC18.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad