G Michael DiPietro - Ottawa 67's, OHL (2017, 64th, VAN, traded to BOS)

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
Thought this guy deserved a thread. Heard lots of good things about him last year in minor midget, was drafted 23rd overall in the OHL draft last spring and has so far played 5 games in the OHL with the Windsor Spitfires, boasting a nice 1.77 GAA and .943 SVS%.

He hasn't stopped there and has perhaps been the best goalie in the WHC-17 tournament with 1.44 GAA and .943 SVS% in 4 games for Canada Red.

Michael DiPietro at eliteprospects.com

Thoughts on this kid? I know Evan Fitzpatrick was hailed as "The Next Great Goalie" but I wonder if maybe that title belongs to DiPietro instead. At 6'0 he doesn't have that ideal size but he's only 16 and hopefully he can grow another inch or two.

Windsor Spitfires -> Ottawa 67's - December 2018

Last edited by a moderator:
Dec 2, 2010
He's forced Windsor to make room for him. By the end of the season, I think he will take the nets from Giugovaz. Long way to go but he's really impressive.

EON

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 31, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Giugovaz is unlikely to ever see the net in Windsor again.

Probably gonna see Hughson and DiPietro sharing the net the rest of the season.

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009
Splitting with Culina, but Thompson is giving hme every opportunity to claim the net. He is not disappointing. Local kid. A goalie I would be comfortable taking well up in the 1st.

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
Very impressive for the Spits this season...as a 16 year old rookie, to boot!

His height isn't great for a goalie - but he has pretty much everything else going for him.

Invited to tryout camp for IIHFU18.

Would appear to be the heir apparent as the 1G for the Hlinka squad this summer.

Proust*

Dec 8, 2010
Yeah, no chance anyone takes a flyer on him given his Dad's history in the league.

AINEC*

AINEC
Jul 4, 2011
Out of all the positions and with that last name, he had to choose goalie, didn't he...

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Very impressive for the Spits this season...as a 16 year old rookie, to boot!

His height isn't great for a goalie - but he has pretty much everything else going for him.

Invited to tryout camp for IIHFU18.

Would appear to be the heir apparent as the 1G for the Hlinka squad this summer.

Could still grow a couple inches. Even if he ends up 6'1 thats still perfectly fine for a goalie as long as his game is good enough.

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
Being involved with another MM in his league last year, the kids talked of his work ethic n attitude. All positive. Head a more than solid rookie year in the O as a 16 yr old.
One to keep an eye on for sure

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad