G Maksim Zhukov - VHK ROBE Vsetin, Chance Liga (2017, 96th, VGK; unsigned)

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=326698

One of the best goalie prospects for the 2017 Draft. I think he's a borderline first round prospect.
I know HockeyProspect.com is high on him. I wonder what the next step in his development will be. Unlike other Russians in the USHL, he can't go to the CHL and he is probably a year away from being above the competition level. Any route back to Russia plan? Or maybe an NHL team drafts him and puts him immediately in the ECHL (although I would think most ECHL teams are probably not very equipped to deal with a young Russian)? There's always the NCAA route, but that would be a bit surprising, no first round Russian has ever gone that route.

Either way, this draft looks stacked goalie wise.

herbst20

Jul 8, 2011
I have seen him once live this year.

Very quick glove but his rebound control was sub par.

He moves very well and definitely he has upside.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York

Is his first name spelled "Maksim" or "Maxim"? I'll change the thread title if its Maksim. Is it one of those "Syomin" or "Semin" things where its spelled differently depending on which interpretation you use?

Russian names always confuse me. :laugh:

Ingvar

Jan 16, 2016
Moscow
Is his first name spelled "Maksim" or "Maxim"? I'll change the thread title if its Maksim. Is it one of those "Syomin" or "Semin" things where its spelled differently depending on which interpretation you use?

Russian names always confuse me. :laugh:

There is no letter "X" in Russian so transliteration is Maksim. If you look at Wikipedia for the list of notable people with the same name, there is no general consensus how to write it in English:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maxim_(given_name)
I didn't help, did I? :laugh:

Bonin21

May 1, 2014
It's just a name where there will always be different English versions shown. No "right" answer it sounds like.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad