G Kirill Ustimenko - Vityaz, KHL (2017, 80th, PHI released)

daa5250

May 3, 2016
Philly
Goalies are so hit and miss and he's still only in the MHL but cant ask for a much better +1 season from him. He will be a guy to keep an eye on the next couple years to see if he can keep it up in higher leagues.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com

Just got his consistency back... at the start of the season was having one great game, one worse than he ever played at age ~17-18. Been close to perfect over last few weeks when I have watched.

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
Is he gonna split time in the AHL with Felix Sandstrom?

Imo, I think for him it would be better to begin as an ECHL starter, so he could get as much starts as possible and would move up to the AHL later during the season.

Edit: on the other hand, in the AHL there are Rubtsov and Vorobyov, who can help him to adapt.

Last edited:

MSSLYNX

Jul 27, 2009
Imo, I think for him it would be better to begin as an ECHL starter, so he could get as much starts as possible and would move up to the AHL later during the season.

Edit: on the other hand, in the AHL there are Rubtsov and Vorobyov, who can help him to adapt.
And Max Sushko is from Belarus so I'd keep him in the better league and have him share the load with Sandstrom close to 50-50. With Ersson developing nicely as well there could be a young goalies "problem" in Philly soon with Sandstrom 22, Hart 20, Ustimenko 20 and Ersson 19.

Reactions: flyersfan187

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad