Waived: G Kevin Poulin | 10/25: clears & reassigned to Syracuse

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Nice paycheck to warm the bench for a few weeks.

Got Guds some AHL games, now he'll get 2-3 NHL games, and Vasy's back in something like three weeks.

Looks like the choice was Guds all along. Either that, or Poulin was a disaster in practice.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
He was a disaster in that preseason game. Sub .900 guy for his career. Never had a chance. I guess they're fine with Guds sitting on the bench for a bit after his start tonight until Vasi's ready.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Gudlevskis will probably stay up here for little bit now if and when Vasy goes down to Syracuse for a few conditioning games.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Gudlevskis will probably stay up here for little bit now if and when Vasy goes down to Syracuse for a few conditioning games.

I would really like to see Vasy spend significant time in the AHL this year, just for his development. We should be making sure he's playing games. We can always bring him up for the odd start in the NHL too, and send Gudlevskis down for a weekend.

I'd like to see us get a little creative with this situation and try to make sure Vasy closes in on 40 starts this year between the Lightning and the Crunch.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
I would really like to see Vasy spend significant time in the AHL this year, just for his development. We should be making sure he's playing games. We can always bring him up for the odd start in the NHL too, and send Gudlevskis down for a weekend.

I'd like to see us get a little creative with this situation and try to make sure Vasy closes in on 40 starts this year between the Lightning and the Crunch.

I'd like to see that too.

I guess that's what he meant the other day by not being 100%. :(

Last edited:

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
The issue with keeping Vasy in the NHL full time is Cooper WILL go with Bish as much as possible. Even if Vasy needs reps, and even if it's not a hugely important game. Coop sees nothing but the win in front of him, which is probably a good quality for a coach, but I hope Yzerman works around it by giving Vasy games in the AHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad