Recalled/Assigned: G Kent Simpson recalled from Rockford, Bickell placed on retroactive IR (Nov. 19)

w00d

Remember the Roar
Oct 14, 2011
Chicago Stadium
http://blackhawks.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=695092

Bickell's IR opens a spot for Simpson, and since it is retroactive, he can be activated at any time. This is a good sign, since it means that Crawford was not hurt bad enough to be placed on IR himself, which would sideline him a minimum of 7 days. We could see Crawford back in time for the Toronto or Los Angeles back-to-back games this coming weekend.

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
Simpsons minor league stats this year are horrible. Hopefully he never sees the crease

MurrayBannerman

I post about baseball on a hockey forum
Feb 18, 2012
CHI
I don't mean it as a shot to Simpson, its more I hope Crawford gets back fast so we don't have to resort to our 4th string goalie, who has put up bad minor league numbers this year

Well, I'm not excited about going to Simpson, but his stats in Rockford don't mean all that much.

Sevanston

Dec 27, 2009
NYC
I won't worry until Simpson has to actually play.

With two sets of back to backs this week, that's very possible, but we'll just have to see.

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
It was only a matter of time before this day would come. Now we have no choice but to apprentice a goalie with 4 games experience, and a back-up that hasn't played an NHL game. Hawks will need to tighten up their game to weather this. Raanta has shown some deficiencies in his game but he seems to have a great attitude which he may well need.

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011
It was only a matter of time before this day would come. Now we have no choice but to apprentice a goalie with 4 games experience, and a back-up that hasn't played an NHL game. Hawks will need to tighten up their game to weather this. Raanta has shown some deficiencies in his game but he seems to have a great attitude which he may well need.

No matter of time could guarantee the Hawks's No.1 and No.2 goaltenders would be injured at the same time.

CertainAffinity*

You guys really think Simpson will get a start if Crawford isn't back in time?

Hmmmm... I respectfully disagree. This is Q. He played Crawford like a bajillion games in a row cause he didn't trust Khabbi could get the job done. I think he'll be more than happy to play Raanta till his legs fall off.

BTW: Any word/estimates on how much longer Bickell will be out?

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
I'd start Simpson too. No problem with it and if we lose it would be 2 pts in december... not really that big of a story

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011
It does when Khabby is the back-up. Hopefully Crow is back fast

No, it doesn't. Crow's been very durable though his NHL/Pro career. Just because Khabi's been prone to injury doesn't mean the Hawks would inevitiably get into a situation where both their NHL goaltenders would be injured at the same time.

LBS8844

Apr 10, 2013
Trib said today that Bicks skated for the first time yesterday. Expect him back soon.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad