G Keith Petruzzelli - Quinnipiac Univ., NCAA (2017, 88th, DET, signed to AHL deal by TOR)

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Was wondering if a thread of him was made already. Seen clips of him. Seems to move well for a big man. His 6'6 frame is Devon Dubynk-esque.

In a draft that is not overly deep, I would consider taking a goalie late in the first rd this year.

USA are developing quality goalies of late. Tab him as one to watch.

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London
He's 4th so far on my list for 2017 Draft Eligible goalies behind Primeau, DiPietro and Oettinger. Could go down to 5th depending on how Ukko-Pekka Luukkonen looks like for the U18's in the spring. Still though being 4th/5th in such a strong goalie class is no slight against him. While not the quickest goalie he moves well for his size which means he doesn't need to be quick. He has a tight form that makes it hard to score on him even when he is in motion. What I particularly like about him is the impact he makes on shots. He's fantastic at not offering additional scoring opportunities to his opponents.

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Could be a name to watch in this draft for sure. I cheer for Ottawa so getting a goalie of the future is a must for the team this year. This guy maybe it, you never know.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Goalies are hard to peg. But 6 ft 6 goalies with good side to side movement are worth an investment to me. This is what caught my eye with Pettruzelli. I also caught an interview with him, and he sounds like a mature young man.

I place a premium value on goaltending, and if a goalie is special enough. I would not hesitate taking one in the 1st rd. It is one of the most important positions in the game, if not the most important.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Goalies are really hard to get a read on but a third round pick is decently early for one to go. Last year he had a .920 save percentage with a 2.01 GAA. This year hes up to .933 with a 1.82 GAA. Great numbers and really good size but who knows with goalies. I havent seen him play but he starting to get some hype on the Detroit boards

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad