G Jesper Wallstedt (2021, 20th, MIN)

PostFriend

Nov 3, 2016
Is is rare for a 14 year old to be playing with older kids in Sweden? Its very common in the US for a 14 year to play high school were kids are 4 years older and even prep school where a 14 year old is playing against 20 year olds.

You can´t compare high school team or prep schools with the Swedish J20 superelit league. This junior league is the best in Europe and contains many players with lots of games from the Swedish senior league SHL and Allsvenskan.
This kid is unbelievable. He´s now the youngest scorer in J20 superelit ever, and he´s a GOALIE!!!
Probably the only goalie leaving a game in Superelits history with 2 points, 1 goal and 1 ass...
http://stats.swehockey.se/Game/Events/350122
http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=394724

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
That goal is just a cool thing, but it will be interesting to see how he develops. We've not had a blue chip goalie prospect for a long time. Markström came up through the ranks pretty early, but even then he was 16-17. This would be 13 drafts later, time flies..

Killerjas

Mar 6, 2017
Netherlands
Could he play for a SHL team as a 14 or 15 year old, or are there rules stating that he needs to be a specific age to play a game for a SHL team?

PostFriend

Nov 3, 2016
Could he play for a SHL team as a 14 or 15 year old, or are there rules stating that he needs to be a specific age to play a game for a SHL team?

To participate in a seniors game in Sweden the player must be born 03 or before, for the season 17/18.

Here (attached) you can see the youngest player ever in SHL (Elitserien before):

Yngste = Youngest
Äldste = Oldest
Utespelare = Skater
Målvakt = Goalie
Reservmålvakt = Backup goalie

Luleå appears to be good at giving young goalies the chance early.

Attachments

• SHL Record.jpg
    SHL Record.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:

ulvvf

May 9, 2014
#3 in todays ranking, 20 under 20 - Sweden's biggest name for the future.

https://www.hockeymagasinet.com/article/lista-sveriges-20-storsta-talanger-under-20

Not a horrible list, a decent list, i do not agree with everything on it, but i think it could have been alot worse.

Not sure I would have a goalie that high up above players like Holtz even if he is maybe the best swedish goalies ever at that age. It is simple to much risk in goalies. Dahlen also feels little bit overrated. He is a intresting player for sure do not get me wrong, but he has still not been tested at higher level than allsvenskan. I would wait and see what he does in shl before i put him that high up.

HM should go to Elvenes that has taken a huge step forward this season.

PuckPoise

May 25, 2011
Has done more than most 1999, 2000 and 2001 goalies now. Should challenge for a spot behind Eriksson Ek on the WJC team if he has another strong SuperElit season and maybe gets to play a pro game or two when someone is hurt.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Youngest Swedish player ever to make the U18 WC team. Will most likely not get any games but his season has not been less impressive than the two (much) older goalies selected.

Shmookpup

Aug 8, 2016
Truthfully I don't think I've ever seen a goalie with as much potential & promise as Jesper. Could we see him in a few pro Luleå games this coming season? Just by eyeing his stats, it seems like he wouldn't do so poorly despite him being ONLY FIFTEEN(!!!)

We're gonna have to start coming up with Wall-related nicknames soon

Killerjas

Mar 6, 2017
Netherlands
Truthfully I don't think I've ever seen a goalie with as much potential & promise as Jesper. Could we see him in a few pro Luleå games this coming season? Just by eyeing his stats, it seems like he wouldn't do so poorly despite him being ONLY FIFTEEN(!!!)

We're gonna have to start coming up with Wall-related nicknames soon

Jesper "The Wall" Stedt

Reactions: Shmookpup

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad