G Jan Bednar - HC Karlovy Vary, CZE (2020, 107th, DET)

greasysnapper

Apr 6, 2018
I was watching some of the u18 games I didn't see this year, and this kid really stuck out. Fantastic skillset. You can see the raw talent there. Right now he's a top 30 pick for me for 2020, though I've only started my list and there are a number of high profile players I just haven't seen yet which means he's probably in the 45-50 range once the dust settles and I get more viewings on everyone else. There's some really good goalies in 2020. I liked him and the Russian kid.

Error

Mar 11, 2017
His first shutout in Czech Extraliga with 35 saves against Liberec tonight.

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada
Czech goaltender Jan Bednar played against men this season despite being just 17-years-old. While he struggled at times, the very fact he got the opportunity shows his talent level and how he has previously dominated in the junior ranks. He played 13 games for Karlovy Vary HC in the top Czech league, putting up a 4.39 goals-against-average and a .884 save percentage. Bednar also played 24 games on loan in the Czech second division for HC Banik Sokolov putting up a 3.26 goals-against-average and .873 save percentage. He also represented the Czech Republic at the Hlinka Gretzky Cup.

Bednar had better numbers in 2018-19. In 10 games for Karlovy Vary HC he put up a 2.73 goals-against-average and .917 save percentage. He also played five playoff games with a 2.50 goals-against-average and .915 save percentage. Bednar was named the Extraliga rookie of the year. He also put up a 2.39 goals-against-average and .917 save percentage in the Czech Under-19 league. Bednar represented his country on numerous occasions, helping them to win gold at the European Youth Olympic Festival (0.67 and .977 in 3 games). He was named the tournament’s best goalie. He also played in the Under-18 World Championships and Under-17 World Hockey Challenge.

Our Scouting Report
https://lastwordonhockey.com/2020/05/21/jan-bednar-scouting-report/

GoBoltz56

Brisebois 1st Rounder
Jul 31, 2004
Tampa and Michigan
Does anyone know why he hasn't been playing in the Q? I can't imagine he has already lost the starting job. I see one goalie has played all 4 games..but seems odd that he would not just go back to Europe to get playing time. Is he hurt, or is there something going on with Euro's in the Q?

Reno

Jan 21, 2007
I thought i read somewhere that he went back to the Czech Republic

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad