G Ivan Nalimov - Avangard Omsk, KHL (2014, 179th, CHI)

Mathletic

Feb 28, 2002
Ste-Foy
I've been trying to follow him since last year. He had a good season in the MHL as a rookie. Didn't get much exposure on the internation scene although he was at the World Junior A Challenge and the U18. He seems to be doing well again this season. In fact, he has pretty much the same statline as Vasilevskiy. At 6'3 190, he looks intriguing. Don't know if Russian posters can give more info.

pckstpr31

Jul 13, 2010
CGY
G Ivan Nalimov - Sibir Novosibirsk, KHL (2014, 179th, CHI)

The Russian Goalie in the Subway Super Series. Obviously a small sample size, but I'm really liking his game so far. Has some size, seems pretty athletic, and doesn't give up on pucks. Anyone know when he's draft eligible?

sabresEH

May 17, 2009
Kelowna, BC
Quick google search shows he's 19 and has been passed over already. Could be a late pick in this years draft but his original draft year has passed.

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
If there one position where being passed over doesn't really matter then it is Goalie. Here are his stats - click. Exactly one professional game under his belt. :laugh:

pckstpr31

Jul 13, 2010
CGY
Thanks to the mod for changing the title, posted this from my dying phone, was kind of in a rush. Anyone that follows the MHL/KHL a little more closely know anything about his future?

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
2014 wjc

Liked him early in today's game with Finland and was wondering if he had an opportunity to be a late round pick in the upcoming draft.

Let up two suspect goals in the second period today - particularly Haapala's goal from the right boards and then a choice rebound he kicked right into the slot.

Does anyone know a lot more about him?

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I watched some of his game against Severstal. He was tremendous. Let in a number of goals, but the whole game was played in his own teams zone. He did well to keep it from being a 7 or 8 goal margin.

NHL RankKing

Fantasy Guru
Aug 31, 2013
Hockeytown
www.nhlrankking.com
Does this guy have any shot at an NHL future?
My understanding is that the Hawks are keeping a close on him and (I may be wrong on this, so perhaps someone else can shed some light) the Hawks own his rights indefinitely. I read somewhere - it may have been by Scott Powers - that he was close to leaving hockey and was absent for awhile early in the season. Since coming back he's been absolutely lights out. Now, he's one of the top goalies in the KHL.

MaxV

Nov 6, 2006
New York, NY
He was very reliant on his athleticism, which is impressive, but his technique was mediocre.

I'm not sure if he fixed that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad