G Ilya Sorokin (2014, 78th, NYI)

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011

The tweet that intrigues me is the one from Erenko. He is far more reliable when it comes to Russian players. He added a Hawks logo to the Isles one and he quoted a tweet with a person with just 3k followers. Doesn't sound reliable to me, only Erenko quoting it makes me wonder. With Dreger jumping the gun yesterday.

My feeling is Chicago reached out to Lou. Lou listened, said make me a deal I can't say no to, Bowman said the price is too high. For Lou to deal a stud Goalie, the price is going to he higher than most GM's given his valuing of Goalies.

So while I find it very remote Sorokin is going to be in any uniform other than an Isles uniform next year, I am reminded 99 was once traded. Every one has a price.

And if Sorokin ever did move, The Isles would get back a boatload of assets.

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
Lol the last 4 posts have been him having a shutout win. This guy needs to move into the NHL. He is too good for the KHL. Salty the isles have him but think he should be as good as shestorkin who I rank very highly.

Yeah, those shutouts are already meh... but there's also something new: Sorokin is also point-per-game in this series with two assists in two games. :)

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Yeah, those shutouts are already meh... but there's also something new: Sorokin is also point-per-game in this series with two assists in two games. :)
Potential Vezina/Hart/Lindsay/ and Ross winner .

If he ends up scoring a goal in the playoffs give this man all the trophies

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Is he ever going to come over? Half of his good years are gone

No they arent

Most goalies spend multiple years in the AHL for a few years until they are NHL ready anyways. Which takes them to pretty much the same age as Sorokin is now.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Lundqvist started his NHL career at 24 IIRC
Yes, and all the top prospect goalies who start in the NHL as young as skaters need years until they actually shine. Carey Price entered the league at age 20 and needed 3 seasons until he started posting his under 2.5 and over .920 records.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad