G Igor Shestyorkin (2014, 118th, NYR)

TheWhiskeyThief

Dec 24, 2017
If he was all that and a bag of chips he'd have still stopped the puck (am I doing this right?)

When you never see something, it’s tough to build a routine for it. Meanwhile, the player in question sees his progression continue while the player you are making the call back on has seen his upside ceiling drop while his floor hasn’t moved much. I hope Boqvist does well against the Kings, the Hawks need it.

So, ur doin it rong.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
His numbers have went down a little in recent weeks. I've seen every game, and he's not playing any worse. Just a lot of bad fortune with things like weird bounces off the boards, deflections off his own players, and the team is giving up a lot of odd-man rushes. Hartford has struggled in recent weeks having lost Chytil and Lindgren to the NHL team. His numbers certainly are still good though.

Reactions: bl02 and Flynn84

QJL

Jan 2, 2014
You cannot keep this guy in the AHL. You just can’t. Something’s gotta give.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
That was a hard earned shutout. A lot of high quality shots he faced, and he made a lot of excellent saves. During the second period, there was a long stretch where LV looked like it had a 5 on 5 PP. Hartford was significantly outmanned, and he had to hold the fort. He also got a little lucky in this game. LV should've scored once or twice, as they hit two posts, and he had a few bad rebounds that went right to his defenders. But given the quality of scoring chances he faced, he played very well. He was close to scoring on the empty net. The shot needed a little more power on it. The last defender leaped and knocked it down.

His puck handling has improved a lot over the years. It was always good, but I would say its now become excellent. He'll be one of the best puck-handling goalies in the NHL, in my opinion. I also think what he's improved a lot on in recent seasons is his positioning and patience in net. He waits out attackers so well, and rarely gives the other team any net to shoot at due to his positioning or overcommitting to the shooter or passer. Add elite athleticism and hockey IQ, and you see why he hasn't allowed five goals in a game in nearly six years.

Reactions: teddygmr and bl02

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Rangers had a top 3 goalie for a decade+ and now have another potential top 3 goalie cooking in the oven ready to make his debut over the next year. Incredible.

Reactions: NJ DevLolz

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
Rangers had a top 3 goalie for a decade+ and now have another potential top 3 goalie cooking in the oven ready to make his debut over the next year. Incredible.
we really have been blessed with great goaltending for a long time. going back to the early 50s, weve had very few years where we didnt have lundqvist, richter, vanbiesbrouck, davidson, giacomin, or worsley as the starting goalie.

Reactions: NYRFANMANI

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
You jinxed him.

When your team gives up 19 shots in the first period, over half of which are grade A chances, and you are slightly off, that can happen. He wasn't bad, so chalk it up to getting absolutely hung out to dry by the defense, and get to the next game. A worse goalie and they would've given up even more because he did keep the score down in that first period with some very nice saves. Hartford was completely shelled. One of the most lopsided hockey games I've seen all year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad