G Gabriel D'Aigle - Victoriaville Tigres, QMJHL (2025 Draft)

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Gabriel D'Aigle at eliteprospects.com

This Canadian goalie was just added to EP's top prospect board for 2025. Interestingly enough, he is now the only player listed as "top prospect" whereas everyone else on their board is currently under "other notable prospects". Not sure if this was done on purpose, but if it was, gotta think it says a lot about this players potential. Can someone tell me more about him?

Reactions: Dominance

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
I rocked all the QMAAA rankings over 20 years. This is the most interesting of all. Large size, very high level of performance, born at the end of the year. It would be demagogic to say he has better stats than Marc-André Fleury at the same age because the game has changed since 2000 but he does. Very interesting name to follow.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
I rocked all the QMAAA rankings over 20 years. This is the most interesting of all. Large size, very high level of performance, born at the end of the year. It would be demagogic to say he has better stats than Marc-André Fleury at the same age because the game has changed since 2000 but he does. Very interesting name to follow.
Hey, I've always been curious, but generally, how are Canadian bantam leagues ranked? Which are generally the best, and the ones that produce the most NHLers, and what constitutes the top tier? QMAAA is considered bantam right?

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
There have been name changes for stupid reasons.

QM18AAA = QMAAA

QM15AAA = QBAAA

M for Midget
B for Bantam

Between these two leagues, there is the QM17E which serves as an intermediate level between the two leagues. Reserved for players not strong enough to play in QM1AAA or for players aged 14 who are too strong for QBAAA but not ready to play in QMAAA.

D'Aigle actually plays in QMAAA and it is the elite league of Quebec players.

Very rare are players born in 2007 and when a 14 year old plays in this league like Lecompte, Amyot and Morin - that means he is very strong.

D'Aigle is therefore the best player in the league while being the youngest. He is expected to be selected high for the 2022 QMJHL draft and looks like a player who will most likely be drafted by an NHL franchise.

However, the level of the league is very weakened by the QMJHL (Junior) which takes all the best players born in 2005.

Reactions: MMC

Wintersun

Jan 15, 2013
Montreal
D'Aigle is the best goalie I've seen in my time scouting for the Q draft. He is a 1st overall candidate as a goalie for the Q draft. He has NHL size, has extreme athleticism and is just a kid that works to perfect his craft.

He's one of those potential first round NHL goalies that you get once or twice a year. He's a late birthday as well so will go with the 07s in the NHL draft, which is unbelievable. I would expect he is one of the best 06 goalies in the world right now.

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
Best goalie to enter the QMJHL since Marc Andre Fleury
1656977833791.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Ryan Van Horne

Ryan Van Horne

aka Scribe
Dec 1, 2005
Halifax
I’m not one to pump a goalies tires, because frankly I am a terrible evaluator of Goaltending talent. This kid though gets me exited for his prospective career.
Likewise. A bit of background for you. He is from the same hometown as Marc-Andre Fleury and they shared ice time this summer. Fleury gave D'Aigle his cellphone number and told him to reach out anytime if he had any questions. Here's a video of them on the ice together. D'Aigle is in net at the start, while Fleury is taking a knee in the corner.
On that YouTube channel, you can see D'Aigle's growth as a kid who, seemingly, has always wanted to be a goalie. That basement scene reminds me a lot of the Sidney Crosby dryer story. Many kids have the burning passion to be an NHLer, but we'll see if he has the talent.

chaosrevolver

Snubbed Again
Nov 24, 2006
Ontario
Obviously MAF is the usual comparison but his calm demeanor and tremendous positioning down low gives me serious Price vibes.

Note: Not saying he will be as decorated as Price, just that watching him reminds me of him (I've admittedly seen only a couple games and a bunch of highlights).

Ryan Van Horne

aka Scribe
Dec 1, 2005
Halifax
The magazine from his hometown profiled him. The comparisons to Fleury go beyond them sharing the same hometown. They also share the same goalie coach. The article is in French, but translates pretty well if you load it in Chrome and get it translated.

Reactions: Dominance

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
It sure would be fun to have a real deal goalie prospect from Quebec. Rooting for this kid…let’s have ourselves a true blue superstar goalie prospect to look forward to!

It would be fun if Canada could develop goalies worth a damn again, period.

I'm hoping the change in leadership at Hockey Canada will not only bring in a group that changes the culture but also is innovative.

Reactions: kevistar

Mathieukferland

Oct 11, 2020
Sloane Square, Chelsea, England
It would be fun if Canada could develop goalies worth a damn again, period.

I'm hoping the change in leadership at Hockey Canada will not only bring in a group that changes the culture but also is innovative.
Levi (a québécois himself) and Hofer look decent, but the super prospects à la Knight and Askarov certainly are lacking. Hopefully D’aigle can live up to his potential

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Levi (a québécois himself) and Hofer look decent, but the super prospects à la Knight and Askarov certainly are lacking. Hopefully D’aigle can live up to his potential

It's almost like using goalies at the youth level as shooter tutors and teaching them concepts from when Giguere was the premiere netminder in the NHL is a bad idea and isn't creating a lot of goaltending talent.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad