G Evan Gardner - Saskatoon Blades / WHL (2024 Draft)

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017

since some people don’t like me creating threads. I’ll fake an entire write up about this player I thought deserved a thread. Evan Gardner, goaltender for the Saskatoon Blades, is a standout prospect for the 2024 draft. With an impressive 10-4-1 record, a stellar .928 save percentage, and a low 2.02 goals-against average, Gardner showcases exceptional skill and consistency. His ability to command the crease and make crucial saves under pressure sets him apart. Gardner's impressive stats reflect both his technical prowess and mental resilience. Gardner has quick reflexes, positioning, and calm demeanor in high-stakes situations. As a promising netminder, Gardner's performance with the Blades makes him an intriguing prospect, and one that could see his name called in the 2024 NHL Draft.

Anyone have any actual information on this player?I want to learn more on the player.

Reactions: SimGrindcore

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010

since some people don’t like me creating threads. I’ll fake an entire write up about this player I thought deserved a thread. Evan Gardner, goaltender for the Saskatoon Blades, is a standout prospect for the 2024 draft. With an impressive 10-4-1 record, a stellar .928 save percentage, and a low 2.02 goals-against average, Gardner showcases exceptional skill and consistency. His ability to command the crease and make crucial saves under pressure sets him apart. Gardner's impressive stats reflect both his technical prowess and mental resilience. Gardner has quick reflexes, positioning, and calm demeanor in high-stakes situations. As a promising netminder, Gardner's performance with the Blades makes him an intriguing prospect, and one that could see his name called in the 2024 NHL Draft.

Anyone have any actual information on this player?I want to learn more on the player.
Who?

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
.924 SV% for a draft eligible, and not like he's played 3 games or is small.

WHL fans, any more on this player?
That’s what I’m saying. a lot of hype for Ravensbergen or whatever his name is for his statline on a great team but none for this kid even though he has played better on a worse team and has a better statline Than an ’04 starting goalie. Makes no sense to me.

landy92mack29

May 5, 2014
saskatchewan
Solid goalie but doesn't seem to have starters upside with decent but not elite size or athletic ability. Also on a very strong WHL team where he doesn't get tested a lot via shot volume or high danger chances which isn't his fault but numbers are inflated because of it. Worth a mid round pick for sure but doesn't have a trait I'd say is better than Dylan Garand who went in the 4th(should've went higher though). Be interesting if him and Dawson Cowan on Spokane switched spots to see how each would fare. Then Chase Wutzke is in the middle for good/bad situation team wise. All 3 deserve to get taken in the 4-6 range

Bubbles

Die Hard for Bedard 2023
Apr 16, 2004
BC Teams:Nucks,Juve
6'2 and .927 SV% in 25 games. What is everyone missing for him to be ranked so low?

@Bubbles @landy92mack29 @Hinterland @GermanSpitfire

He's rated pretty much where he should be. I pretty much agree with what landy said, there's always goalies that have good statlines in the dub but really don't pan out. There's plenty of overagers that should be drafted ahead of him (Meneghin, Spunar).

Goalies are kind of voodoo anyways, unless they are clear 1st round talent like Ravensbergen.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad